Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help on singer spinx

Blog Entries

Need help on singer spinx

I just bought a Singer Spinx 127 I think. Made in 1927. I'm not having any luck finding parts. I need a new belt & the rubber thing on the bobbinwinder. How do you tell what model 127 it is? Any info I can have will be appreciated!

Go to ISMACS.com and enter the serial number. It will tell you everything you need to know. And Billy (Lostn51) on our Board may be able to help....he's the resident expert. If the first link doesn't work, google Singer Sewing machines and you should be able to get the info you need that way too. Good luck!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries
    Is your 127 electric or treadle? You can get the bobbin tires from mizkaki (Cathy) here on the board, and most likely get a belt from her as well... she wasn't feeling well yesterday, so it may take her a day or so to get back to you. Super reliable seller!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I just got a Singer Sphinx 127 Treadle at Goodwill, yay me!! I ordered the tires on ebay.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160652681361...84.m1497.l2649

Good luck!
    Patti

Blog Entries
    waiting for warm weather and some time to see if that is what I have setting in my shop.........
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

You could try going to TreadleOn for parts. That list has lots of help for people powered sewing machines like parts, gatherings of the members, info on the machines, etc.

Blog Entries
    go to the singer site and put the serial number in...it will give you a cert with the info http://mysingerstory.com/