Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help!

Smile Need a little help!

Hello, my name is Charmaine, I'm new to the Quilting Board. I've been sewing since I was a child. I started quilting in 1994 and I love it! I own 5 machines, 2 of which I use regularly and 1 my DD is using. Yesterday I found this Greyhound machine at a yard sale. I haven't been able to find much info on it, I'm wondering if anyone has any information that will help.
    Name:  photo (35).JPG
Views: 530
Size:  257.5 KB

Try the vintage group on this forum. There are lots of knowledgable folks there.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Hi Charmaine, I can't help but she sure is pretty. Welcome to the board from NE Ohio. I'll be watching to see what you can find out about her.

Howdy and welcome, from Texas!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    It looks a lot like a New Home I have - very nice well made machine - I would give it a top rating. When I first got mine I thought it was a clone of a Singer 15 - it is not a clone. It does have the bobbin on the side like a clone. I do not know where you find a manual. I think it threads like a clone and the bobbin works like a clone. Some of the New Home machines have a greyhound on them - Free Westinghouse/New Home seem to be some how related. I do not know the history - Charlee is a good one to look stuff like that up. I do not know what needles it uses - mine still had a pack with it. I should pull it out and shoot some pics - maybe look at the needles a bit.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for your help. I was really lucky, this machine has all it's attachments, a manual, needles and even a few old hand needle books. It needs a good cleaning and the cabinet needs some work. This is my first vintage machine and I'm still trying to find a manufacturing date.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm still feeling my way around.

Blog Entries
    Good Luck on finding the info you need and glad to have you join us. I learn so much here even though I have sewn for more than 65 years. Now the vintage bug has me firmly in its grip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast