Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need parts

need parts

I am in search of parts for an older singer, serial number C6022777. I need a bobbin plate and also I need to find hinges so I can mount her into my old treadle stand. THe hinges are the rounded type. Does anyone know which model this machine is and where i can find these parts? THank you

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html

You should be able to find the model at the above link, good luck.....

Believe her to be a 66-1 so now to find the parts i need. Thank you for your help LouBert, I have not found that site before and all I could get on Singer was that it was made sometime after 1906.

Quote Originally Posted by LouBert View Post
    http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html

You should be able to find the model at the above link, good luck.....

Blog Entries
    Sew-classic has the plate for about $8 - you might have to ask but she might have the hinges too.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Call Singer. Their 800 number is: 1-800-474-6437. They will verify the model and give you the production date and place for your machine. Expect to be on hold for a while. We vintage machine enthusiasts keep them busy. You can find lots of vendors who sell vintage sewing machine parts on Ebay. Sew-Class is another good place to look.
    Sweet Caroline

If you get a parts manual for your machine you can find the part numbers and have an easier time finding the right parts.
    http://parts.singerco.com/CPpartChar..._66-4_66-6.pdf Got this off the www.singco.com site. Went into industrial machine products and they have the manuals for home and commercial machines. Not everyone but more then enough.

Good Luck!

I got told they didnt have the exact information but that she was made in West Germany and I can summit photos and they can help me further for they do not have records for the years I am in need of.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Call Singer. Their 800 number is: 1-800-474-6437. They will verify the model and give you the production date and place for your machine. Expect to be on hold for a while. We vintage machine enthusiasts keep them busy. You can find lots of vendors who sell vintage sewing machine parts on Ebay. Sew-Class is another good place to look.