Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: In need please

  1. #1
    Senior Member Noiseynana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Western Arkansas
    Blog Entries

    In need please

    hey yall , a good friend gave me a 1953 Singer 99. Yippie!!!! Anyway the cabinet it was in is not available but I'd like to have my hubby make me a cabinet. The "need" is the hinges that were on the cabinet. They are not available. So the question is does anyone have a set I can buy OR do you know where I can but a set. Thanks for reading , Noiseynana
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

  2. #2
    Junior Member makitmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tidewater, VA
    if you are talking about the hinges that hold the machine into the table, they are usually available on ebay.

    I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

    (proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

  3. #3
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Central Alberta, Canada
    There are 2 sizes. If you're making the cabinet, the ones makitmama posted might be OK, but there's another option too. The 99s and other 3/4 size machines "typically" use a different hinge type.

    These ones:

    On second thought, there's a chance they're interchangeable if you're making the cabinet. I think my 15-90 has those too, and it's a full size machine.
    Tammi - I've found many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, (2) 221, 222k, 15-90 Centennial, 15-90 RAF decal, Spartan, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 201K HC, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6, Frister and Rossman TS, Gritzner Fiddlebase TS, Spierpon Queen (Jones) VS. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Janome MC350E, 2013 APQS Lucey

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Southeast Georgia
    I think your best bet is eBay. I see them on there all of the time. I do think the hinges, or thingies, or holder inners, or whatever you call them are interchangeable between the 3/4 machines and the full size machines.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    New England
    You can usually find them on e-bay.

  6. #6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.