Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Need some help with 401 restoring

Do I need to take the cam stack apart? I see two screw holding them together - they have been soaked with the Hoppe's all week.
    Judith

Blog Entries
    You do not have to take it apart but it is easier to clean the gears under it and the stack itself.

I put a little T-F on the stitch selector posts then move them up and down quite a few times - seems like they are greedy for oil and need to be moved a lot. Anything that moves will need T-F - just a dot is all you need though.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thanks, Miriam - it didn't seem like they should come apart, but I thought I'd ask. It is all very clean now - will put it back together and start trying to re-assemble the top tension thingy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    those are tricky to clean - I think we have about covered it in past posts - up at the top right is a search in the black bar above the turquoise is a search feature
    I'M SORRY - I JUST TRIED TO FIND THE VERY SAME INFORMATION THIS MORNING AND COULD NOT GET ANYTHING TO COME UP EITHER - I'm thinking there are way too many topics on here these days - makes it hard to find important information - we may need to put some info on this in a sticky note or something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Most helpful Miriam. Thanks for directing me here. Will try and get tri flow today at the bicycle shop up the street.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5