Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Needle position adjustment on a Dressmaker 2000 machine

Blog Entries
    Joe - does it have some gummy oil in the zz piston?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Joe - does it have some gummy oil in the zz piston?
    Miriam,
    Will try to check it later today.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Are you sure the needle is facing the correct way. On one of my machines I remember my needle hitting, just like yours, and when I did a search on the correct way to face the needle I found that I had it in wrong. When I changed it around it fit perfectly through the hole.
    Joe, Cathy may have hit on it! In the pictures it looks like the eye of the needle is facing forward. Shouldn't it thread from left to right?

Pat, Cathy,

The picture were taken as it came to us. I had not started checking on it at that time. You are correct, the needle is in wrong in that picture. However once oriented properly it still did not make it through the hole.

I have since corrected most of the side to side maladjustments, the biggest problem now is the cam drive is binding, the patterns are not properly formed and the top thread keeps breaking.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    the biggest problem now is the cam drive is binding, the patterns are not properly formed and the top thread keeps breaking. Joe
    Joe it could be you need some more oil and heat near the cam drive - something is still gummed up. oil it every way from Sunday... and then turn the machine upside down and every other direction so the oil can penetrate... The top thread could be a tension problem or thread not flowing through right - hanging up somewhere.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

That's very possible. That machine had been cleaned on the outside, but was very dirty and grimy under the front control panel and inside. I've put a lot of oil in it and it still has problems. Right now I can't it anywhere near my work bench so it waits.

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3