Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Never thought I would hate a sewing machine

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    This Pfaff is no more complicated than anything else - it has a simple camstack on top - dial turns for 6 or so stitches. I think it is the needle bar that is glued up - it goes back in place in slow motion. so it only zigs
    I don't know what model you've got, but most Pfaffs do a LOT more than 6 stitches and I have to disagree about them not being complicated. If you have to turn 3 and 4 dials to get one type of stitch and you need a card with diagram to tell you how to do that...it's complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Those are some great machines, however I would go back, buy back the Necchi, and sacrifice it to the Gods. Keep the other's though, they're great.
    Nope, ain't going to do that Dan. Bought her once and learned a lesson. The machine did sew and ZZ. Perhaps she will show up like a bad penny on St Vincent's auction site. LOL
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I don't know what model you've got, but most Pfaffs do a LOT more than 6 stitches and I have to disagree about them not being complicated. If you have to turn 3 and 4 dials to get one type of stitch and you need a card with diagram to tell you how to do that...it's complicated.
    It is a Pfaff 78 - one stitch selector dial on the top. It has a zz or width lever and a stitch length dial on the front. That Pfaff is not fancy. Needle bar is a bit gooey so far - it may need to be flushed a bit with something other than T-F.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

It is a Pfaff 78 - one stitch selector dial on the top. It has a zz or width lever and a stitch length dial on the front. That Pfaff is not fancy. Needle bar is a bit gooey so far - it may need to be flushed a bit with something other than T-F.
    Ah. Gotcha. I'm still working on a stuck 640 Bernina. Some of these machines put up quite a fight!

Blog Entries
    Caroline, this thread made me laugh!!! The fellow who purchases this machine deserves what he gets. So glad my Supernova is a sweetheart. If only it had a freearm.
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

Blog Entries
    it is a pfaff 78 - one stitch selector dial on the top. It has a zz or width lever and a stitch length dial on the front. That pfaff is not fancy. Needle bar is a bit gooey so far - it may need to be flushed a bit with something other than t-f.
    got it!!!! Hurray for tri-flow!!!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3