Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "New Companion" treadle sewing machine

Blog Entries
    Well mine is a Davis with a square needle plate. So the education continues. So much to learn and so little time

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Skip,

My apologies if I came off as a know it all. I'm not. It's just that as I've been learning about Whites and Davis and New Homes and others I've come to see that no mater what the name on the machine it will have certain design traits that follow from one machine to the next.
    The squarish removable face plate housing that contains the needle bar and presser foot shaft in the early White and White made machines is an example.
    On the machine above the visual thing said New Home, the round needle plate vs the square one on the Davis, the big curved long plate on the back of the pillar, the shape of the top tension, are traits of New Homes.

So, I'm using what I've learned, not trying to be a smart aleck, just wanted to say that.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe,

No apologies necessary. I did not think you came across as being a smart aleck and I took the info as learning something new I did not know. So Joe keep on trucking and providing me with good info.

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

I just purchased a New Companion treadle. Do anyone know where to go to find more info on these machines? Where is the serial# located and is there a site that give you a mfg date? Thanks for the info I've already gleamed from y'all and for any more info you can give. I'll see if I can upload a pic.
    Scrappy Kathy
    Long Arm Quilter
    Stampin Up Demonstrator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyKathy View Post
    I just purchased a New Companion treadle. Do anyone know where to go to find more info on these machines? Where is the serial# located and is there a site that give you a mfg date? Thanks for the info I've already gleamed from y'all and for any more info you can give. I'll see if I can upload a pic.
    I have a New Companion treadle made by Davis and takes a 15x1 needle. I also have the original manual. I understand that New Home also made a New Companion. The New Home usually has a round needle plate and the Davis is square. really need a picture. I will look the location of my sn tonight and let you know. I think mine is on the front slide.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    ScrappyKathy, I think Joe knows how to tell the diff between new home and davis New Companion
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2