New Crown

Old 01-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Default New Crown

Just sharing some more eye candy with a new to me sewing machine. Even though it's rusty, the decals are unique with the fish tailed winged horse feature. More photos at http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/atq/4287195997.html

Old 01-16-2014, 12:31 PM

looks exactly as a White Rotary. is it a clone? nice....
Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 PM

You need to look better - this is not even a rotary machine LOL!!

However it does look a lot like a White VS machine. It would not be a "clone"though. White made a lot of "badged" machines, which means they put the name the reseller wanted on the front.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
You need to look better - this is not even a rotary machine LOL!!

However it does look a lot like a White VS machine. It would not be a "clone"though. White made a lot of "badged" machines, which means they put the name the reseller wanted on the front.
well being a newbie in this hobby has it's disadvantages. i meant to say it looks in appearance as a white rotary but not in function. my bad. sorry about that.

Last edited by vmaniqui; 01-16-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:00 PM

That's ok - soon you'll know all about the differences, and then you'll roll your eyes when you read sale adds - at how many sellers don't have a clue what they have!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:07 PM

That's ok - soon you'll know all about the differences, and then you'll roll your eyes when you read sale adds - at how many sellers don't have a clue what they have!
thanks. i know so many things to digest but the worst part is so many machines to buy. i am now a certified SMA (sewing machine addict).
Old 01-16-2014, 01:09 PM

I'm looking for a "New Crown" or similar machine made by Florence Machine Company. They made machines for AG Mason, and put names on that AG Mason wanted.

I also know that later, White made machines for AG Mason, and also put the name AG Mason wanted. It's likely this is a machine sold by AG Mason made by White, with a name that was used on previous machines actually made by someone else.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM

This one does look very similar to the Florence machine - in the pillar and bed shape, but the front and top line are different.

However - the needle and slide plates are very different, and this one has the distinctive White square needle plate that bisects the two slide plates. Davis like that too, but Davis normally has the treadle belt on the outside of the flywheel, this one is on the inside of the flywheel.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

it looks a lot like a "New Howe" to me (Howe Model G)
Old 01-16-2014, 02:24 PM

I'm looking for a "New Crown" or similar machine made by Florence Machine Company. They made machines for AG Mason, and put names on that AG Mason wanted.

I also know that later, White made machines for AG Mason, and also put the name AG Mason wanted. It's likely this is a machine sold by AG Mason made by White, with a name that was used on previous machines actually made by someone else.
The ad said it was ordered from Montgomery Ward. I think the cabinet is as unique as the machine. Onalaska is on I90 if you're picking up any other machines in WI. It's 3 hr from Blue Earth. My DS went to LaCrosse for college.