New Domestic Needles

Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 AM

Default New Domestic Needles

When I purchased my New Domestic treadle, there was an extra shuttle in the accessories, a smaller one, that is not for my machine. I was offered 9 needles for my New Domestic in exchange for the shuttle. Is this a fair deal, or am I getting ripped? I will try to post pics of the shuttle, but as some of you know, my pics don't like to show up on here. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:11 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456658[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails shuttle-1.jpg   shuttle-2.jpg   shuttle-3.jpg   shuttle-4.jpg   shuttle-5.jpg  

Old 01-15-2014, 08:26 AM

trading something you can't use for something you can is usually a good deal. Even if the shuttle turned out to be "worth" more than the needles, you'd need to go to the trouble of offering it for sale, and sometimes that does not work out as well as we'd like.

I've seen the needles sell for as much as $3 each - and a lot cheaper in larger lots.

You may want to stop referring to your machines as a "New Domestic" as by today's reckoning, it's the older style Domestic. the "new" style is either going to match Singer or White - and you can't use either of the needles or shuttles that work with the "new" style Domestic - you need the original style.

So please, make sure you are getting the correct needles. The do not have a wide shank (they are the same all the way up) and they have a funny notch in the top end.

I don't know enough about shuttles to have a clue what yours is for, and until you can determine that, value would be low.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM

Thank you for all the info Cathy! I'm sure these are the correct needles (little buggers are hard to find), I compared them to the needle list off of ISMACS, and she confirmed that they are the ones with the notch out of the top (Boyd 8). I don't have a clue as to what machine this shuttle belongs to,
and, at leat for now, none of my "wants" use this shuttle either.