New home JZ

Old 02-20-2016, 08:50 AM

Default New home JZ

I have a New Home JZ and it uses a knee bar that attaches to the foot pedal. I've noticed that the foot pedal gets extremely hot. It is metal and gets so hot after about 30 min of satin stitching that I can't touch it. Motor is warm but not hot. I think it is just the foot pedal. Suggestions for heat reduction? Also anyone got a manual for this machine. Not avail on ismacs or janome websites or anywhere else on the web. Machine was gifted to me by a friend but no manual.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:07 AM

oreo1912, this a fairly recent thread that might provide some answers for you.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t275220.html
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM

Sew-Classic.com Check out the solid state controllers, Under $20 and can't get hot. Hot is bad, no matter which part it is. Some have reported burned spots in carpet etc. I am getting this new controller for all my vintage machines. It is a good investment.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:13 PM

Default controller

Your controller won't have dirt in it if it is a knee bar type. Only those on the floor would have dirt. My friend had an ounce or more of dirt in hers and it wasn't from her, but the previous owner.
Donna
Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DonnaMiller View Post
Your controller won't have dirt in it if it is a knee bar type. Only those on the floor would have dirt. My friend had an ounce or more of dirt in hers and it wasn't from her, but the previous owner.
Donna
Yes a knee controller can get dirty inside. Both of the ones I have were full of years of dust, cat hair, etc.. Cleaning them was part of cleaning up the machines.

Cari
Old 02-24-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Hot foot

This machine has a bracket that the foot pedal fits into and it is activated by a knee bar. If I go with an electronic foot pedal it may not fit in the bracket. Since I have many machines that I push around in my little sweat shop as I use them not having to deal with a corded foot pedal is ideal. Plus this has a double receptacle mounted in the inside that the light and motor plug into and that is wired to the footpedal and then to a cord to your power source. All that would have to change as well.