Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club

Blog Entries
    I doubt if you are going to find much info on that - are you needing a manual? how to work it? have you figured out how to make it zz? What are you needing?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I am hoping to find a manual. I see that one was sold at some point on vendio. I have a 54 necchi .. so, I may be able to figure it out, but directions would be fantastic. The button sticks a little. But, it is missing the needle clamp So, although the machine appears to run smoothly and well, I don't have the part to make the needle stay.

To tell the truth I am not a fantastic "sewer" but love sewing machines. So, I have a collection of them that are getting ready for their new room. Here is a question, though .. I worry about what kind of oil to use and have opted for my husbands bicycle product which is an all-purpose with teflon .. any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by paulsmithswife; 11-11-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithswife View Post
    I am hoping to find a manual. I see that one was sold at some point on vendio. I have a 54 necchi .. so, I may be able to figure it out, but directions would be fantastic. The button sticks a little. But, it is missing the needle clamp So, although the machine appears to run smoothly and well, I don't have the part to make the needle stay.

To tell the truth I am not a fantastic "sewer" but love sewing machines. So, I have a collection of them that are getting ready for their new room. Here is a question, though .. I worry about what kind of oil to use and have opted for my husbands bicycle product which is an all-purpose with teflon .. any thoughts on that?
    Your bicycle oil might get that button freed up - needle clamp parts are available on sew-classic and other sites for vintage machines. I don't know about instructions.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thanks! I will have to keep looking, but do appreciate the feedback

Are there any markings on the bottom that would indicate a Japanese made machine? Usually J- something in raised letters on the underside of the machine? Somewhere I found a list of Japanese makers of sewing machines and what their codes were...maybe on the Yahoo group site for Japanese machines

Wow, beautiful machines. Mine is very simlar to BoJangles, except for the IDEAL decal.
    Here's a picture of my Old New Home. A model T No 3. It's called an Ideal. I like the 3/4 size of it.
    It has a motor but all the wireing is old, so I took the motor off and want to switch it over to a hand crank. It is light weight for an old machine and want to take it to Quilt Guild for when we do piecing.
    Claudia

Name:  New Home Idel0001.JPG
Views: 1033
Size:  357.4 KB

Blog Entries

2 New Homes

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne View Post
    What a beautiful machine!
    Billy this is old post but crossing my fingers you can help me. I have recently acquired two New Homes- # 2448632 & NP45314-thank-you. Happy Holidays.
    dee
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by craftiladi; 12-24-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: adding pics.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
    Billy this is old post but crossing my fingers you can help me. I have recently acquired two New Homes- # 2448632 & NP45314-thank-you. Happy Holidays.
    dee
    Hi Dee....what do you need help with? The New Home in the bottom pic looks just like mine except your silver parts are shinier than mine. It's very simple machine to clean. I have step by step pics of when I cleaned the inside of the area over the needle, if you need me to share them with you.

The little do-hicky, on the top, is the tensioner believe it or not. Loosen the screw for looser tension and tighten the screw to tighten your tension. What kind of cabinet is it sitting in?
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    Here is a New Home 372 - it was made by Janome - it is a very nice solid machine and easy to use. I wish it had a manual anyway.
    Name:  11-24-12 more machines 001.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  127.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Here is a New Home 372 - it was made by Janome - it is a very nice solid machine and easy to use. I wish it had a manual anyway.
    Name:  11-24-12 more machines 001.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  127.4 KB
    I was able to email Janome and they sent me a link to a PDF manual and it was free!!! YEAH!!! great little machine.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast