Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club >

New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club

New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club

Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by paulsmithswife View Post
I am hoping to find a manual. I see that one was sold at some point on vendio. I have a 54 necchi .. so, I may be able to figure it out, but directions would be fantastic. The button sticks a little. But, it is missing the needle clamp So, although the machine appears to run smoothly and well, I don't have the part to make the needle stay.

To tell the truth I am not a fantastic "sewer" but love sewing machines. So, I have a collection of them that are getting ready for their new room. Here is a question, though .. I worry about what kind of oil to use and have opted for my husbands bicycle product which is an all-purpose with teflon .. any thoughts on that?
Your bicycle oil might get that button freed up - needle clamp parts are available on sew-classic and other sites for vintage machines. I don't know about instructions.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Thanks! I will have to keep looking, but do appreciate the feedback
Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM

Are there any markings on the bottom that would indicate a Japanese made machine? Usually J- something in raised letters on the underside of the machine? Somewhere I found a list of Japanese makers of sewing machines and what their codes were...maybe on the Yahoo group site for Japanese machines
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Wow, beautiful machines. Mine is very simlar to BoJangles, except for the IDEAL decal.
Here's a picture of my Old New Home. A model T No 3. It's called an Ideal. I like the 3/4 size of it.
It has a motor but all the wireing is old, so I took the motor off and want to switch it over to a hand crank. It is light weight for an old machine and want to take it to Quilt Guild for when we do piecing.
Claudia

[ATTACH=CONFIG]377340[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails new-home-idel0001.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Default 2 New Homes

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne View Post
What a beautiful machine!
Billy this is old post but crossing my fingers you can help me. I have recently acquired two New Homes- # 2448632 & NP45314-thank-you. Happy Holidays.
dee
Attached Thumbnails new-home-machine.jpg   3k63le3nb5i35k75jacc4970d369c7a30176f.jpg  

Last edited by craftiladi; 12-24-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: adding pics.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Billy this is old post but crossing my fingers you can help me. I have recently acquired two New Homes- # 2448632 & NP45314-thank-you. Happy Holidays.
dee
Hi Dee....what do you need help with? The New Home in the bottom pic looks just like mine except your silver parts are shinier than mine. It's very simple machine to clean. I have step by step pics of when I cleaned the inside of the area over the needle, if you need me to share them with you.

The little do-hicky, on the top, is the tensioner believe it or not. Loosen the screw for looser tension and tighten the screw to tighten your tension. What kind of cabinet is it sitting in?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

Here is a New Home 372 - it was made by Janome - it is a very nice solid machine and easy to use. I wish it had a manual anyway.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383965[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 11-24-12-more-machines-001.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Here is a New Home 372 - it was made by Janome - it is a very nice solid machine and easy to use. I wish it had a manual anyway.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383965[/ATTACH]
I was able to email Janome and they sent me a link to a PDF manual and it was free!!! YEAH!!! great little machine.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 AM

We're getting close to re-assembling the treadle cabinet. I have a question about the placement of the piece of fabric (canvas?) that is on the underside of the cabinet. I really believe it was removed at one time and put back on wrong. Is the cable that lifts the front piece - has the words New Home on it - supposed to go through that piece of fabric? It seems to make more sense to me that if it is to catch threads, etc while the machine is in use, that it would just be attached to the bottom of the piece that holds the machine head. Any thoughts? I'm really looking forward to getting this put back together. The rain is delaying my painting of the base.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Here are a couple of "before" and "after" pics of my New Home.

I am wondering if anyone knows if the faceplate comes off or not so would love to hear from someone who has this same machine. It's a Series A. I can't seem to find anyplace where it would come apart.

The flat metal part on top is the tension! You tighten or loosen the screw to adjust the tension. I really love the Maas metal polish. Even though the metal pieces still look old they are now as smooth as a baby's bottom

Cathy,
Is the metal polish the only thing you used to clean her up? I'm worried about messing up my decals.

Thanks,
Patricia