Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club

Blog Entries
    mcfay, I get my parts from my local sewing machine shop. He sales New Home/Janome sewing machines. This machines has never given me any problems and it will sew thru anything. What part of Tx are you from? I am a fellow TX born in Decatur, TX and went to NTSU.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

I'm southeast of Dallas. I took my tension assembly that was in pieces to a Janome dealer in Mesquite and he couldn't help me. I found another one just like mine at a flea market but the tension disk were rusted. I should have bought it and I could have used my disk on the tension. But I didn't and I haven't seen the guy since and that was about a month or so ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfay View Post
    I'm southeast of Dallas. I took my tension assembly that was in pieces to a Janome dealer in Mesquite and he couldn't help me. I found another one just like mine at a flea market but the tension disk were rusted. I should have bought it and I could have used my disk on the tension. But I didn't and I haven't seen the guy since and that was about a month or so ago.
    I am going to my local shop on Friday and I will see if he has one and if he does I will pick it up for you.
    Skip PS You may want to try sew classic also
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    mcfay go to www.premiersewing.com and go to search block and search for take up spring or upper tension for New Home model 446 and see if that is the spring you need. It is less than a dollar
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

On post #63 on this thread is a New Home Model NLB. Does anyone know if that is a full-sized or 3/4 size machine? And how heavy it is. The NeedleBar site says it is made of alloy, so I'm thinking it might be fairly light?
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 01-30-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    On post #63 on this thread is a New Home Model NLB. Does anyone know if that is a full-sized or 3/4 size machine? And how heavy it is. The NeedleBar site says it is made of alloy, so I'm thinking it might be fairly light?
    It is full sized. Not very heavy at all. You want one?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    It is full sized. Not very heavy at all. You want one?
    I'm considering it. I'm watching a couple on E-Bay. I had hoped it was a 3/4 size (like the Singer 99) as I'm looking for an inexpensive machine to take to classes. Plus I think it is absolutely gorgeous--probably not the best criteria for buying yet another machine! If you have one for sale, please PM me.
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 01-30-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Dear Billy,
    I have a New Home NHR with the serial# NHR113282. When I called the number given above, they said it wasn't in their data-base. It has an unusual wood cabnet and it still sports the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" with its own serial number and a UL sticker. The top splits evenly on top. If you can help, that would be lovely!
    Tammy

started this thread already, but I guess this New Ideal "D" is actually a New Home "D" in disguise....
    $25 New Ideal "D"

The Decals are amazing, but the construction of this unit does not seem to be altogether "Ideal" it is a very basic mechanism and the tolerances seem a bit casual. The W&W's from the 1880's I have are way better made.

I am really looking forward to seeing how this sews once I get all of the joints freed up!

I was posing this here because I was wondering if there is a reference database for serial numbers and such for these? (3709720)
    Last edited by SteveH; 02-06-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Here are a couple of "before" and "after" pics of my New Home.

I am wondering if anyone knows if the faceplate comes off or not so would love to hear from someone who has this same machine. It's a Series A. I can't seem to find anyplace where it would come apart.

The flat metal part on top is the tension! You tighten or loosen the screw to adjust the tension. I really love the Maas metal polish. Even though the metal pieces still look old they are now as smooth as a baby's bottom

What did you use to clean the body? It is brilliant!!
    Thanks

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast