Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
New Member of my Machine Family >

New Member of my Machine Family

New Member of my Machine Family

Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 AM
sap

Originally Posted by bdschafer View Post
I have just gotten a Singer fw and it's working great. But it only came with one bobbin and noticed that the size is different then my 500. Can you get them at a regular fabric store? What size would you ask for?

Thanks Bette
Jo Ann fabrics in my area has bobbins on a card for the FW and the 301. They are in notions isle.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
Cathy, that is my machine. Is there a way you can scan the manual and send it to me in e-mail. I would love to have it. Thanks a million for responding. Joy
Hi Joy,

You're welcome ... I am glad to try and help. My scanner is not working; however, I can take photos of each page, just like I did with the book cover and try to save in a smaller file size. I did that with the machine photo, because my first attempt gave me upload failed messages. It is about 20 pages to photograph and I could attach the files separately or try to copy/paste them into a word-processing document. I will work on that this week and email you when I have something.

Cathy
Old 02-03-2020, 08:07 AM

Default instructions for Janome New Home Streamliner Sewing Machine Model 443

Dear Joy,

Were you able to get the instuctions manual for the Janome New Home Sewing machine.The picture of your sewing machine I'm looking at on the correspondence back in 2011 is the same as mine.

Here is a picture of what my machine looks like. Thank you for your help, V. McDowell, Columbia, SC
Image result for instruction for streamliner new home sewing machine
Old 02-03-2020, 08:09 AM

Default instructions for Janome New Home Streamliner Sewing Machine Model 443

Dear Joy,

Were you able to get the instuctions manual for the Janome New Home Sewing machine.The picture of your sewing machine I'm looking at on the correspondence back in 2011 is the same as mine.

Here is a picture of what my machine looks like. Thank you for your help, V. McDowell, Columbia, SC
Image result for instruction for streamliner new home sewing machine
Old 02-03-2020, 08:40 AM

I am so happy for you! New homes of course is always a good machine. This one will be a treasure. I know that there will be a wealth of information available here on this sweet baby. Sorry that I can't help much, if at all. Just enjoy it.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 AM

Joy and All
Here is the link to a manual for your machine.... https://www.newhomemanuals.com/New_H...on_Manuals.htm

I copied your machine name and model number -- put it in the search bar and the page went to a search page then scrolled down to your machine model number, clicked it and the page popped up without a hitch.

Love my old Singer. Came with the cabinet and several bobbins--even 2 spools of thread from a second hand store that was going out of business. Had a sign name your price. Told her if she would save it to payday I'd give her 40 dollars. She did and I did. Had a guy that cleans them look at it and he told me I should have paid $5 because it's a piece of junk Sews Wonderfully ----for a piece of junk. I've already got a quilt to sew on it next week,

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-14-2020 at 03:53 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-13-2020, 07:02 AM

nice looking machine
Old 02-13-2020, 09:36 AM

"Sews Wonderfully ----for a piece of junk" proud of you Motley
Old 01-22-2023, 06:24 AM

Hello,

Found a free Janome 443S Manual in English - PDF download:

https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/manual-j-443S-en.php
Old 01-22-2023, 07:25 AM

dibraly, Welcome to the board.

There is an introduce yourself section if you would choose to say anything about yourself.