Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New Member of my Machine Family

  1. #1
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    727
    Blog Entries
    1

    New Member of my Machine Family

    I have recently purchased a New Home Model# 443, Serial # 11996 Streamliner Sewing Machine. I know nothing about it but cleaned it up and She sews good. It came from a Antique Shop, was $20.00 marked down in to $16.00. Thought I couldn't go wrong with it. I do know New Home is a good Machine. Most of my Machines are Singer's except four. I have a Franklyn, Kenmore50, Necchi SS and now a New Home.
    If anyone here has any info on Her please share with me. I count on you Guy's a lot. I have learned so much here. I feel like I know most of you.
    I need Manual and would love to know when it was issued, thanks in advance, Joy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    727
    Blog Entries
    1
    I named the New Home Connie, She is in great shape and has no scratches at all. No rust and the onlt thing wrong is the case, it is in bad shape. Looks like She was stored in it for a while. Thank goodness for that it protected Her quiet well. Just had to add this to info on Her. Thanks for listening to me, Joy
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,339
    Nice machine. I just checked Relics and they missed your machine by one number. They have a manual for the 444.

    If I see one I'll let you know.

    Joe

  4. #4
    Member bdschafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    86
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have just gotten a Singer fw and it's working great. But it only came with one bobbin and noticed that the size is different then my 500. Can you get them at a regular fabric store? What size would you ask for?

    Thanks Bette
    I live in the St Louis, Mo area.

  5. #5
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by bdschafer View Post
    I have just gotten a Singer fw and it's working great. But it only came with one bobbin and noticed that the size is different then my 500. Can you get them at a regular fabric store? What size would you ask for?

    Thanks Bette
    Sew-Classic.com has the Featherweight bobbins.
    Sweet Caroline

  6. #6
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    727
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Joe, I appreciate it.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    727
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Nice machine. I just checked Relics and they missed your machine by one number. They have a manual for the 444.

    If I see one I'll let you know.

    Joe
    Joe, I wonder what the difference is in the two machines? Joy
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14
    Here is a photo of the manual that came with the machine a friend gave me last year. The picture on the manual matches the machine I have. I tried to upload a picture that took of the machine with my tablet, but for some reason I keep getting a failed to upload error. (I will try another way, though). My machine is supposed to be the same model as yours, but the thread spool holders are different. As far as I can tell, everything else looks the same. Funny thing, though -- when I checked the numbers on the machine, the model number is 366 and the serial number is 668.
    Name:  1339353325675.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  1.85 MB

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14
    Here is a photo of the machine.

    Cathy

    Name:  New Home Model 443.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  144.0 KB

  10. #10
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    727
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcathyj View Post
    Here is a photo of the manual that came with the machine a friend gave me last year. The picture on the manual matches the machine I have. I tried to upload a picture that took of the machine with my tablet, but for some reason I keep getting a failed to upload error. (I will try another way, though). My machine is supposed to be the same model as yours, but the thread spool holders are different. As far as I can tell, everything else looks the same. Funny thing, though -- when I checked the numbers on the machine, the model number is 366 and the serial number is 668.
    Name:  1339353325675.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  1.85 MB
    Cathy, that is my machine. Is there a way you can scan the manual and send it to me in e-mail. I would love to have it. Thanks a million for responding. Joy
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.