Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: new photo album "long bobbin winder"

new photo album "long bobbin winder"

I have added an album of photo's of my long bobbin winder taken apart and included some comments on details I found. this is an exploded View.

if you are having trouble with a long bobbin winder check out my album and the comments. hope it helps.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums17262.html

Dan
    Last edited by greywuuf; 05-04-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Muv
    Great stuff Dan. This is the type of bobbin winder that I grew up with, but on a 28K, so mounted at the base. I've never needed to take one apart - yet - but if I ever do, thanks for posting the pictures.

I've got a couple that have loose wheels, the big toothy one. And one that's loose enough to bind up. These pics will help me put them right.

Thanks.

Joe

These pictures are just what I have been searching, all day. I'm cleaning a bobbin winder, just like this one, but the circular piece of metal is frozen in place. I was wondering if that heart shaped piece could be unscrewed from the big round piece to enable cleaning between them without hidden springs popping out at me. Now I know! Thanks for sharing.

I took some parts off one of these recently on a Pfaff 11. Another thing worth mentioning is that one of the screws on the face is to hold the heart shaped piece on the disk. The other screw is eccentric and can be turned to adjust the disk deeper into or out of the gears so if the part is tight fitting and not moving well this may be where you need to adjust.
    Christy
    I don't sell stuff.