Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sewing Machine

Several weeks ago I asked about babylocks and got lots of good advice and I thank you all.
    I did a lot of thinking , tons of research and talked with the fellow at the quilt shop who would be servicing what I bought. I shopped for price and finally settled on a Pfaff Smarter C1100 Pro. I love it. I've had it for several weeks now and have put together and quilted several small projects and am quite pleased. The machine is fantastic but the quilter needs more practice. I know there are better machines that do more tricks but I didn't want to get in way over my head or way past budget.

By the way its my Birthday present from my equal half..I'm posting today to celebrate. I'll post projects later.

Thank you for all your help with so many great posts on sewing machines, etc.

Old machine
    Name:  Attachment-190972.jpe
Views: 662
Size:  45.3 KB

New machine
    Name:  Attachment-190973.jpe
Views: 963
Size:  39.6 KB

Looks like two great machines. Have fun.

Ooooooo, congrats! I have a Quest Plus, similar to your Smarter, but missing a few features you have like autocut and low bobbin alert. Happy sewing and consider posting a machine review on patternreview.com as there are many reviews of the Smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Ooooooo, congrats! I have a Quest Plus, similar to your Smarter, but missing a few features you have like autocut and low bobbin alert. Happy sewing and consider posting a machine review on patternreview.com as there are many reviews of the Smarter.
    Low bobbin alert is the "bomb"...I love it!! Auto cut sometimes cuts too short and you have to rethread needle. I wanted yours originally but went with this instead.

Banned
    I am loving the vintage machine!!! Those early Japanese machines were so well built and had so much "Americana" designed in them you can not help but to love them!

Billy

You'll enjoy your "Smarter" pfaff for a long time. I have three pfaff's - all dependable and easy to use. Wish I had space for more vintage machines tho . . .

Blog Entries
    I love the look of your older machine! Way Cool! Looks like it can even be put in a treadle. Keep your vintage machine.
    Have fun with your new machine, that one is very nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I love the look of your older machine! Way Cool! Looks like it can even be put in a treadle. Keep your vintage machine.
    Have fun with your new machine, that one is very nice too.
    That machine was purchased my freshman year in college..cost me $100.00. It made almost all my clothes for years, including my wedding dress. Still is very dependable but clunky for quilting.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you test drove both the BL Serenade and Pfaff Smarter. Why did you choose the Pfaff over the BL? Also, if you don't mind my asking, what did you have to pay? I know the BL has more stitches, but wondering if they are useful?

Nice machines!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast