Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest Sewing Table re-do

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Wowser! One of my favorite things to do when not quilting or knitting is furniture refinishing - I think it's all of a piece, color and texture and creativity takes many forms - and you did a fantastic job on the cabinet! Gives me a few new ideas for a bookcase I'm working on right now, thanks Candace!
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

The transformation is remarkable! Great job!
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

I love it when someone takes what many would consider 'junk' and turns it into a real treasure. You did a wonderful job -- the finish looks very smooth and its gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    Looks really good. Sometimes a little extra $$ on the right product and you just kind of stick with it.

I love the cabinet, it's a beauty, and i think i have a matching sewing seat for it. If i'm correct about the legs. It's a beauty.

As the old saying goes, "you made a silk purse out of a sow's ear." Great job!

Gorgeous!!! I love the color you chose and the workmanship is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    But, I finished this one up and I'm happy(ish) with the results.
    Looks amazing Candace. What did you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm really curious about this stuff since I painted my grandmother's dressing table and used water based paints (disaster) - I followed the recommendation of the guy at the paint store but I'm really unhappy with it. It's okay from a distance though. It's the one that I thought might inspire your 640-2 cabinet as I just went with the glossy black finish and it ended up looking Asian instead of French provincial .... didn't take much!!
    ~ Amelia
    "The Singers" {1917 Singer 28 handcrank} {1956 singer 222K featherweight} {1954 201K} {1910 15K Sphynx handcrank}
    "The 1950's Continentals" {bernina 640-2 favorit} {phoenix 283F} {necchi supernova automatica} {necchi BU treadle} {pfaff 238 industrial zigzag machine} {pfaff 1147 tipmatic 80's push-button wonder}
    "Japanese Machines" {juki HZL-11 domestic} {Japanese "Bride" clone} {Myer Deluxe Fully Automatic ZZ} {Empisal Goldline Deluxe ZZ}
    A couture dressmaker by trade & new to quilting

Blog Entries
    Very nice job! I admire people who can take something questionable and turn it into something beautiful. That looks very modern now.
    Go forth and sew!

Blog Entries
    Candace, I need to have your expert ideas for about 100 tables...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast