Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Newly acquired Singer 290C

Blog Entries

Newly acquired Singer 290C

I just received a Singer 290C from my daughter that was given to her by my mother. It has been in her attic for years. The only foot with it is the zipper foot. I can't find a serial # but it says that it was made in Brazil. I went to a website to download instructions but I need to know where I can get feet for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is it a slant needle machine? Look at it from the the left side and you can see. I used to have one and can't recall what feet it takes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colwoods View Post
    i just received a singer 290c from my daughter that was given to her by my mother. It has been in her attic for years. The only foot with it is the zipper foot. I can't find a serial # but it says that it was made in brazil. I went to a website to download instructions but i need to know where i can get feet for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    try and figure out if it is a slant shank,short shank,or long shank then you can order the feet off line somewhere i am sure.i have order feet from clotilde or nacny's notions.

I thought I was the only one who had a 290C, haven't been able to find much out about it. Would love to find a free manual to know how to oil it, I want to give it to a coworker. Any help or info out there? TYIA

Neenee