Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Longer a Virgin

Blog Entries

No Longer a Virgin

I will be getting my first antique machine. I've not seen one like this before. I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Name:  s.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  45.2 KB

Awesome!!! Be prepared for it to be heavy. Do you know how to get the machine out of the cabinet? The reason that I ask is because the first antique machine that I bought was almost the same as the one you are getting (mine was a model 66 in a parlor cabinet). Luckily I had my brother with me and he knew to ask the lady for a screwdriver so that he could loosen the machine enough to take it out of the cabinet. I didn't know about that and neither did the lady that was selling it!
    ~~Cathy~~

Congratulations!!!
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I didn't know what kind of confession was fixin' to come out when I saw the title to this thread...! Congratulations but I need to warn you that this habit is more addicting than...well....then....
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Wow it looks like you scored!
    Anna Quilts

Oooooo saweeeet! Looks like a Singer 127 with Sphinx decals in a parlor cabinet. My my it makes my old heart go pitter pat.

And as Cathy said, make sure to pull the machine out of the cabinet and handle the cabinet carefully. Some of them tend to fall apart due to age and the glue coming unstuck. Especially if there was moisture around.

Joe

Congratulations and welcome to the addict's club!

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Oooooo saweeeet! Looks like a Singer 127 with Sphinx decals in a parlor cabinet. My my it makes my old heart go pitter pat.

And as Cathy said, make sure to pull the machine out of the cabinet and handle the cabinet carefully. Some of them tend to fall apart due to age and the glue coming unstuck. Especially if there was moisture around.

Joe
    Joe, my eyes must be shot. It looks on my monitor like there's a tensioner on the left side... no?

Gorgeous cabinet though!
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

I'm seeing a tensioner to the left too, and a slideplate for round bobbins.... unless it is age doing my eyes in.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Lucky you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast