Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: no luck looking for a number in ismacs

no luck looking for a number in ismacs

It is a 15-91 (I think). The number is JC244679 but I didn't see this on ismacs.
    Name:  s-l1600 (3).jpg
Views: 292
Size:  396.7 KB
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  277.2 KB
    Name:  s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views: 291
Size:  238.0 KB

First of all, you have IDed it wrong. The 15-91 has a potted motor, not a belt drive one. It would be a 15- ( smaller number).

Second, the centennial badge dates it to around 1951. Singer played fast and loose with those badges so it may be a few years off.

Thank you for the clear photos.

Quote Originally Posted by leonf View Post
    First of all, you have IDed it wrong. The 15-91 has a potted motor, not a belt drive one. It would be a 15- ( smaller number).

Second, the centennial badge dates it to around 1951. Singer played fast and loose with those badges so it may be a few years off.

Thank you for the clear photos.
    lol, that's why I said "I think" I was just looking around on craigslist for any machines that would be close to me and saw this one. I knew one had the potted motor and the other had the belt motor. I am looking (but not too hard) for a 15-91. I think most of the fun is the search and then being able to bring it home. We have had several thunderstorms passing over so I'm staying inside for now.

The only date for JC numbers, that I have with me, is that it begins in 1948. Although at http://sew2go.com/singerdate.htm it lists just 1948-1949

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

This one is most likely a 15-90, which is the same as the 91 but with a seperate motor. I have one like this and actually like it better for FMQ than the 91.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I don't know anything about it. Just wanted to say it sure is pretty.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    I sent the Singer company an email with the serial number of a treadle I bought off Craigslist. They sent me back a Certificate of Date etc. singer.com is where I wrote.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    This one is most likely a 15-90, which is the same as the 91 but with a seperate motor. I have one like this and actually like it better for FMQ than the 91.
    Cathy, why would one be better than the other for FMQ?

bkay