Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Not quite vintage but needing help

Not quite vintage but needing help

Ok I know this is the vintage section but I'm hoping you guys can help me out anyway. I inherited a Singer Quantum CXL 1000, but it doesn't have a foot control. It works with the stop/start button so I know things do work. My question is, can I retrofit a different foot control by attaching the round pin connector (if I can find one)? I've looked online and can not find a replacement control so my only choice is to try and make one. I really don't see any difference except that the original is a but larger and the silly connector. Whatcha think?

Those are the wrong style pins. This one has a round thing that looks similar to a S connector for a computer.

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/foo...er-283370.aspx

I'd keep an eye on ebay for a replacement.

Does a s- connector actually fit?

Can you contact Singer?
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    Does a s- connector actually fit?

Can you contact Singer?
    I'm not sure but as soon as I find a spare of I will be checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    I've checked everywhere on line and found one site with one available for $150. For that price it better be brand spankin new and come with a guarantee/warranty.

Crocee, do you have a Singer Quantum CXL or a Quantum XL1000? Is it also an embroidery machine?
    If it is the XL-1000 I think I can help you. I have 3 of the XL-1000 and don't need more than 1 foot controller at a time. ( the one machine is becoming a donor machine) ...I have one of the controllers as NEW..never used as I had the other one.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Thanks Susie but mine is a CXL. I don't have anything to lose so I'm going to try and rig something that will work with a less expensive and easier to find variable speed control foot. I may become good friends with RadioShack but I will find a way to get a foot on this thing. Right now I can use it for embroidery since that uses the start stop button and not the foot controller. I want to be able to use it for quilting and other sewing projects.