Old sewing machine

Old 08-08-2015, 07:44 PM

Default Old sewing machine

My cousin bought this sewing machine at the 127 yard sale today. she doesn't know anything about it but thinks it might be a good housekeeping brand. Does anybody recognize it, know how old it is or anything else about it?
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1439090051007.jpg  
Old 08-08-2015, 07:58 PM

I'm no real help but it's a nice looking machine. Nice color combo and it looks nearly new.
If your cousin looks underneath there may be some clues as to who made it. Sometimes it's cast into the bottom, other times you may find a number starting with JA. There's a list of JA numbers and the manufacturers they represent somewhere. There's a Japanese ZigZag machine yahoo group that has it IIRC.
Rodney
Old 08-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I'm no real help but it's a nice looking machine. Nice color combo and it looks nearly new.
If your cousin looks underneath there may be some clues as to who made it. Sometimes it's cast into the bottom, other times you may find a number starting with JA. There's a list of JA numbers and the manufacturers they represent somewhere. There's a Japanese ZigZag machine yahoo group that has it IIRC.
Rodney
She has the manual but it's in bad shape. She said skme pages are stuck together. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 AM

It looks like a relatively new machine, maybe 80s or 90s, possibly more recent.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Closer pics may help to identify! Great looking machine.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM

No ideas either but what a lovely machine! I LOVE that diamond-shaped dial on the front. Very stylish!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Default Stylemaster Precision Deluxe

I'm new here & don't know how to add a new thread so please forgive me, I'm not trying to hijack this one. I need help in trying to find out if anyone has ever heard of a Stylemaster Precision Deluxe sewing machine? It appears to be rather old but I'm unable to find anything on the internet and am wondering if it may have been manufactured by another company. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails stylemaster.jpg  
Old 08-10-2015, 03:03 PM

i cant find my other reply, lol but heres the link i forgot to post. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html
Old 08-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raifordgirl View Post
I'm new here & don't know how to add a new thread so please forgive me, I'm not trying to hijack this one. I need help in trying to find out if anyone has ever heard of a Stylemaster Precision Deluxe sewing machine? It appears to be rather old but I'm unable to find anything on the internet and am wondering if it may have been manufactured by another company. Any help is greatly appreciated!
The term "Precision Deluxe" is just about exclusively used with machines that were made in Japan immediately following WWII. Some even say "Made in occupied Japan". In general these are very well made machines.

There is a listing somewhere (sorry, My interest is in 1800's machines) that has a chart of the Japanese makers (Toyota, Mitsubishi, etc) and the JA-# numbers that are cast into the underside of the bed of the machine.

if you go here http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...thusiasts-f22/ and click the blue button that says "Post new thread" you can start a thread for your new machine.

Welcome!
Old 08-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raifordgirl View Post
What you have there is a post WW2 Japanese copy of a Singer model 15. Commonly called a 15 class clone or an HA1. Probably built mid 1950s to mid 1960s. These machines were built by several manufacturers and come in a few colors and badged with hundreds of different names. It's not a valuable machine because they're very common but these straight stitch beauties are very well made and sew a beautiful stitch.

Cari