Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Singer....

Old Singer....

The photos below are of the Singer that my dh purchased years ago. Does it run? I haven't a clue. There are attachments for it too!

The manual says that it was updated on June 18, 1913!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Blog Entries
    Most likely, it can be made to run - those are hard to kill and easy to fix. Check out Muv's video tutorial on the sticky - in case you can't find it here is a link: HOW TO CLEAN UP and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Beautiful! I bet it wouldn't take much to get her up and going. A belt, dome oil and a little love goes a long way with these old ladies.

Thanks for the link! The fabric that is under the needle was there when my hubby bought it. I use the machine to display family photos...I really hadn't thought of trying to sew with it.

Oh, and the machine was in our 3 season room as we were having our carpets cleaned. Which is why it looks strange where it is sitting. Normally it sits in front of an antique quilt that I got from my Grandmother.
    Ginger

That poor machine. Ignored and hurt living a life as a ....... display table. It's a pity.

Put some oil in all the right places, put a new belt on her, get your rhythm on that old machine will surprise you.

Photo display table ..... bah! I put thick padded covers on mine and the cats sleep on 'em when they are not in use ........ sigh.

Joe

Hey, we've moved it from an upstairs extra bedroom into the family room....that is progress for us!

;->
    Ginger

Blog Entries
    Get to work on her, girl!! You'll LOVE it! I have a 66-1 from 1909, and she is fun as heck!! Learning to treadle is a snap, and it feels great...very soothing rhythm, and you can hear the TV or conversation while you are sewing. The treadle machines are not hard to clean and get going. No excuses, now!! :-) Welcome to our world!! :-)

I was trying to be funny above, but say something too. These old machines are wonderful sewers. I have 5 treadles now and who knows how many I'll end up with.
    One is without a home until I can get the cabinet fixed.
    I do and have used them all.
    I find them enjoyable but challenging at the same time.

Make her go and you'll see what we're saying.

Joe

Joe--I know.....I did chuckle.....I hope you got a kick out of us moving her to a real spot as opposed to an extra bedroom.

Gosh, as far as seeing if she'll work I could give this project to my dh. He at the moment appears to be bored. His power washer broke yesterday so he is just puttering around.

Hmmmm.........
    Ginger

Blog Entries
    I see another addict coming!! Pretty machine Ginger...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast