Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One or all?

Blog Entries
    Make an offer. If he is thinking about scrapping them, he may take $50 (or less) for all of them just to get rid of them. Maybe offer $10 each? Let us know what happens...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    Make an offer. If he is thinking about scrapping them, he may take $50 (or less) for all of them just to get rid of them. Maybe offer $10 each? Let us know what happens...
    Ditto, ditto, ditto, go for it!
    Sweet Caroline

ALL of course!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Living4Him View Post
    Another one of these "I'm having a hard time passing up" deals...

I'd LOVE to collect these are reasonable prices, clean them and have them available to young (or older ) moms that are really wanting to sew. I'd love to have a ministry like that.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/4056083678.html
    I had a MW clone that I loved - I wish I still had it. Buy them all - the 403 my go to machine - the Brother and the Morse are good... All worth the cash.
    Last edited by miriam; 09-18-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

A couple of weeks ago DD and I went to an estate auction, she was looking for a dresser that was low so she could use it for a changing table. Her DH was also in need of dresser. Well we hit the jackpot, she got both dressers that she wanted for $30.00. They had a couple of vintage sewing machines got them both for $5.00 brought them home and the one works really well and I think if the other is cleaned it will work also. side note this was her first auction and now she has been bitten by the bug she is always saying mom there is an auction ...............

I think I learned to sew on a Singer just like that one!

Blog Entries
    ALL If I was closer I'd be on their doorstep. I recently acquired the Brother and the Morse both are heavy-duty machines. My DIL has never done any sewing and wants to learn and she likes the old Morse out of all the machines I have to chose from. So for now she is doing mending. And wants to start making dresses for the 3 girls.

Blog Entries
    Go for ALL of them.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

My youngest daughter lives in Washington, but she doesn't sew, unfortunately, or I'd have her look at them...but I say go ALL of them. Whether you offer $10 each for them, or the full $25 each, they are a bargain! I have 7 machines in my house right now...8, really, but one is slated to be delivered to my sister.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

What's the deal? How are these still available?

I would have been there on day one and left with at least the Singer and the Montgomery Ward machines, and probably the other two as well.
    Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast