Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Panicking about FW finish... HELP! >

Panicking about FW finish... HELP!

Panicking about FW finish... HELP!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM

Thanks for all the compliments. Just showed hubby them

He said not to rub real hard with the polishing compound - dip a nice soft rag (cotton cloth) in water and ring it out, then dip the rag into rubbing compound and put the cream on machine (not rubbing hard), then take it off. It will look cloudy - then put the liquid glass on, let it dry (doesn't take long), use a nice soft cloth to take it off. You may have to coat it with liquid glass several times. He laughed - said he should do this for a business.

It took a while to go thru the process, but our machines, like someone else stated earlier, had 50 years of "life" on them, and were extremely dull (even milkly looking) and some marks. Now they look like brand new.

He bought 2 more last week (Wilcox & Gibbs- the curved one) and the 222 singer featherweight red "S" (free arm), whcih is suppose to be rare because of the the red "S" on Singer emblem. They are to arrive this week - hubby's really on a roll------

KarenSue

Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
karensue - that is a beautiful machine and your hubby did a fantastic job! I printed out your post about what he used and am thinking about trying to make my two babies look as pretty - mine definitely look like the poor relations compared to yours!