Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Parting out

Parting out

I have an old plastic Touch & Sew with a burnt motor. The cam stack appears to be metal and in good condition. Would it be worth it to take it out if someone on the board wants it? The model is 648.

If the machine is in good working condition except for the motor, I would probably try to sell the whole thing as a "for parts or repair" machine.
    Mark

Thats all I KNOW is wrong with it. The bottom has a sorta melted area where you can see the motor go too hot and smoked things up. The motor even smells burned. I haven't tried to put power to it because of the motor issues.

Sometimes you just have to allow yourself to throw something away. A 648 is not a rare machine and parts are still plentiful. Let it go. Free your house and mind from the burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
    Sometimes you just have to allow yourself to throw something away. A 648 is not a rare machine and parts are still plentiful. Let it go. Free your house and mind from the burden.
    Thank you. I was going to toss the thing but wanted to make sure no one desperately needed something off it first. Trash runs on Tuesday so it will be donated to the local landfill at that time.