Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfaff 130

Pfaff 130

I have a 362, 332, 1222 and a 1479. I saw this one on CL for a long time and the price kept dropping, so I decided to guy it. Most of my Pfaffs have needed a lot of work and this one is no exception. But, for $20 I think it's worth the effort. No bobbin case, but I expected that. Unfortunately, it doesn't have its original motor and has some blue, clone's motor:< I would imagine this motor is pretty undersized for the capability of the machine. It was locked up tight with about a bobbin's worth of thread wrapped around the hook assembly. Dry as a bone, but only a small bit of rust and both cleated belts are in decent shape. I think I'm going to have to work at this one for a while! The finish is pretty crazed and cracked and it has had a lot of use. I bet it could tell some good stories.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

poor thing! It will be better living with you.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Congratulations! You will enjoy getting her up to speed!

Nice machine and a super nice price. They are very desirable if you can get it running.

It looks much better after about 4 hours of work. It's still a bit tight and needs some more work. I also need to look into another motor. The one on it is will be too puny. The dials are a bit locked up, as is usual, so I'm working on those too. The beast is probably the heaviest machine I have.

Does the needle "home left" or can you set it for l-c-r? Someone recently reported that the needle on a 130 homes left and that is not how I recall my 130 to have been made. I might be wrong because my forgettery is better than my memory! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
    Does the needle "home left" or can you set it for l-c-r? Someone recently reported that the needle on a 130 homes left and that is not how I recall my 130 to have been made. I might be wrong because my forgettery is better than my memory! LOL!
    It has 3 needle positions, L, C, R. The person who says that probably doesn't know how to change it.

Blog Entries
    I love Pfaff. My 85 year old mom in Holland and her mom both had pfaffs. They had to pay a dime a week - for them in the 1930s.

That's what I thought.

It has 3 needle positions, L, C, R. The person who says that probably doesn't know how to change it.

That's a great price! They showw these machines on industrial tables with clutch motors. That would definitely give you more power. Here's a link http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/art/3384965390.htm
    Just got a Pfaff 30 and the paint looks very similiar. I tried using the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and it came out much better but within a day or two lots of the cloudiness came back. Will try the compound again and then use the Ultimate Quik Wax to see if it must be protected to stay looking black. Hope you have as much fun as I did! Congrads on the new project!

Lisa

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast