Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pfaff 130 - I have a sticking problem

I have been using Singer oil on it. I will try to find some Tri-Flow. Thanks.
    ~G~

Grant,

Tri-Flow oil is to Singer oil as Singer oil is to a generic all purpose oil. It is that much better.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Grant,

Tri-Flow oil is to Singer oil as Singer oil is to a generic all purpose oil. It is that much better.

Joe
    I am a certified sewing machine mechanic, and I agree with Joe about the Tri-Flow. I was meching a machine yesterday and used Tri-Flow on it.

Blog Entries
    Grant,
    Be real careful you don't get any of that Tri-Flow on your skin, it gets in your blood, then you will want to fix/oil everything in sight - can openers, the treadle base, the knee controller on the sewing table, the button holer, the juicer, the thingy that holds the hatch back on the car up...
    - not to worry it is safe.
    Last edited by miriam; 01-16-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Grant,
    Be real careful you don't get any of that Tri-Flow on your skin, it gets in your blood, then you will want to fix/oil everything in sight - can openers, the treadle base, the knee controller on the sewing table, the button holer, the juicer, the thingy that holds the hatch back on the car up...
    - not to worry it is safe.
    Joe and Cricket thank you. I looked yesterday at a store near my house but they did not have it. I am on a hunt for it now. I am going out tonight to a place that has a bike shop near by and will see if they have it there. Fingers crossed.
    Miriam, I already have the sewing Machine thing in my blood. It sounds like what ever I have would feed on Tri-Flow like Popeye feeds on Spinach, and make it worse. I'll be careful not to drink it, inject it or put any in my next batch of Brownies.
    ~G~

Grant,

If you can't find it locally, don't forget about Sew-Classic.

Joe

Got any locks that freeze in the winter? I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told Tri-Flow will stop that problem.

Good news, and thank you to everyone that helped me with my Sticking Problem. I am happy to say that it is fixed. I was at an Estate Sale this past weekend and guess what I found there? Yup, a new can of Tri-Flow oil in an aerosol can. I think I paid about 50 cents for it and it was new (SCORE!). But I digress. It just took a couple of squirts and spins on the handwheel and it is no longer hanging up and it is not sticking any more. I have seen Tri-Flow recommended so many times here on QB but I was skeptical. I am a true believer now. I will still use Singer oil for maintaining machines and I will use the Tri-Flow for the stubborn jobs like this one.
    Miriam, Wintersewer, Joe, and Cricket, thank you all so much for your interest and help. I really do appreciate it. I really do. Just so you all know, this poor machine was almost relegated to being a parts machine. Now it will be fixed, in a new home and back to sewing again.
    ~Grant~

Blog Entries
    My Pfaff is moving better now, too thanks to Tri-Flow!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    My Pfaff is moving better now, too thanks to Tri-Flow!
    Miriam, We sound like a commercial for Tri-Flow.
    ~G~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast