Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfaff Treadle 31

Pfaff Treadle 31

I purchased the Pfaff treadle in a simple oak mission style (I think) cabinet this afternoon. Price was good enough to take a chance on fixing her up. I don't have pictures yet as she is still in the garage. She definitely needs some work to clean and spiff both her and her cabinet up, but nothing too difficult I hope. I did not see any rust anywhere, everything did seem to turn and move. And the bobbin case is there along with a couple of bobbins. It is a model 31, SN2109725. The harp seems really short just a little over 6". The tension assembly is on the left towards the back rather than in the front like some pictures I have found of model 31's. Very plain jane with no decals. But hey, she's a Pfaff! Her parts don't seem all that dirty, but the head has some gouges down to the metal on the top. Who would do that??? There is also one by like that by the stitch plate. The cabinet also has some chips to the veneer, total abuse it seems like. Not too many accessories, but that is okay. Fixing this up and learning more will be an adventure!

Janyce

We would love to see some pictures. I have not seen a Pfaff treadle. Interesting.
    Sweet Caroline

Here are a couple of pictures of the Pfaff. I still think she can be spiffed up since there is no rust, not even in the bright sunlight. Not sure how to tackle the paint issue but it is not insurmountable I don't think. My goal is to clean her up, and get her running, then think about the paint issues. Her serial number indicates a 1927 manufacture date according to ISMACS.
    Janyce
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Oh nice, I really like that cabinet. Haven't seem one like that. It is so nice when the center the treadle with the needle.
    Lisa

Your Pfaff kinda looks like my Singer 15-90; the tension assembly is in the same place. It looks like its in fairly good condition for its age.
    Very nice machine!

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    Oh nice, I really like that cabinet. Haven't seem one like that. It is so nice when the center the treadle with the needle.
    Ditto quilt addict. Beautiful and different cabinet. It is the first time I have seen a Pfaff treadle.
    Sweet Caroline

Interesting! I like the cabinet too. Does the machine stay up all the time, or is there a way to fold it down for storage?
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    She looks pretty good from here!! I LOVE the cabinet...clean lines!!

Blog Entries
    I don't see any paint issue - just looks like wear - nothing wrong with wear - that machine got used to make stuff. If the wear is causing problems just put on of those cheap cutting mats or a big magnet over the bed - most of the time it shouldn't matter.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

an old Pfaff is bound to be a good machine. I have seen those cabinets before...but I though that it was a homemade job - will have to look closer next time I see one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast