Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pic's of my singer treadle

Blog Entries

Pic's of my singer treadle

Who knows anything about this little girl?

Serial # C5863299 ; No model # that I can find.

She may not look to pretty but she runs and makes a beautiful stitch.

I am looking for a manual to go with her.

Name:  treadle machine 001.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  152.0 KB

Name:  treadle machine 003.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  107.1 KB

Name:  treadle machine 005.JPG
Views: 659
Size:  103.7 KB

Any info would by greatly appreciated.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    I don't know, but she is very pretty. And the cabinet is too.

Nice would love to have one myself

Well, as far as I can tell it's a model 15 made in Germany.

Here is what ISMACS has to say:

Letter Register Numbers From - To Machine Class (Model No.) Quantity Allotted Date Allotted Year Allotted Notes
    C- Beginning 1908
    When Russian army invaded Germany in 1945, they stripped all the machinery from the Singer Company's Wittenberg factory.

Nice machine and nice cabinet.

Joe

It looks to be one of the model 15's. She's a beauty! Do you have the serial number? You can look it up on this site:

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html

Duh ! I see that you have posted the serial number, already...lol!
    Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 11-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    ~~Cathy~~

Pretty machine and cabinet!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

My guess is a 115. At first I was going to tell you it was a 15, but the thread tensioner looks wrong for a 15. Ismacs has the correct manual: http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

The one I downloaded from Singer was wrong, it had the right model number, but showed a machine with a tensioner facing you, which is clearly not right. There must have been 2 model 115s at some time.

If I could see the bobbin case, I'd have a better idea if it's a 115, but it looks like mine, except your decal set is different than mine.

The C series serial numbers were destroyed in the war, so there's no record from Singer about it, I can't get you a model from that, or a date.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

You can get a better handle on it you can compare it to these pictures of the bobbin are for a 115 (first) and 15. The two machines otherwise look pretty much identical:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Oh wow! You people are terrific. It is a 115. I went to the ismacs site and looked at the 115 and there she was! I looked at a lot of pictures to find a similar machine but all had the tensioner in the front and mine is in the back.

So now I have the manual I was looking for. Thank you everyone for your help. If I could send you all some cookies I would! thanks again.
    peace

EDIT: Just saw the pic's of the bobbin case and had to gert up to take a look. My case has the same arch piece that goes all the way across the top like in the second pic so I guess she is sweet 15. But all the rest is the same.

Thank you all again for your time and effort helping me out.
    Last edited by ube quilting; 11-08-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    Oh wow! You people are terrific. It is a 115. I went to the ismacs site and looked at the 115 and there she was! I looked at a lot of pictures to find a similar machine but all had the tensioner in the front and mine is in the back.

So now I have the manual I was looking for. Thank you everyone for your help. If I could send you all some cookies I would! thanks again.
    peace

EDIT: Just saw the pic's of the bobbin case and had to gert up to take a look. My case has the same arch piece that goes all the way across the top like in the second pic so I guess she is sweet 15. But all the rest is the same.

Thank you all again for your time and effort helping me out.
    Excellent! I learned something today too. I didn't realize that the 15s ever had the "bar" by the needle thread tensioner.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast