Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: PINK Morse Duomatic TZ 50, Picture Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Dumb question but have you removed the needle clamp screw and then tried to remove the part?

I also like the Evapo-Rust in the jar idea.

Joe
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I ended up using one of DHs empty bait cups to put the Evaporust in. The glass jars I had would not go under and up over the presser foot assy. But I figured it was my reward for raising maggots for his fishing hobby. Maggots, that is a long story. Mr. Cheapo, AKA DH, didn't want to pay $2.25 for a little cup of maggots but will pay $400 for a new reel. Somehow it does not compute with me. But I go with the flow. It just means I keep things equal by obtaining more vintage sewing machines.
    Sweet Caroline

Bait Cup for Evaporust

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I ended up using one of DHs empty bait cups to put the Evaporust in. The glass jars I had would not go under and up over the presser foot assy. But I figured it was my reward for raising maggots for his fishing hobby. Maggots, that is a long story. Mr. Cheapo, AKA DH, didn't want to pay $2.25 for a little cup of maggots but will pay $400 for a new reel. Somehow it does not compute with me. But I go with the flow. It just means I keep things equal by obtaining more vintage sewing machines.
    Thought you would like to see the presser foot assy sitting in the cup of Evaporust. It is sitting on a old paint stirring stick. I still have to replace the feed dogs and stitch plate after their Evapo treatment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sweet Caroline

Hey Caroline - I too have recently acquired a pink beauty Morse just like yours, I realize your post is several years old, hope you are still out there and have some thoughts to share! Mine has no foot control or manual, I just bought a manual online, am hoping it will tell me what kind of foot pedal I need? There is one on Ebay that looks like what I need, it has a box that the two plugs from the machine will plug into? I have started oiling like mad, haven't started on the rust yet, mine is in a little better condition than yours was. Did you get yours running again? Meredith
    Meredith

pretty!! I keep hoping I'll come across a hot pink morse and a fotomatic one of these days but so far I haven't except on ebay and shipping is so high there sigh...maybe I need to buy some bait LOL!
    Susanna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdyann View Post
    Hey Caroline - I too have recently acquired a pink beauty Morse just like yours, I realize your post is several years old, hope you are still out there and have some thoughts to share! Mine has no foot control or manual, I just bought a manual online, am hoping it will tell me what kind of foot pedal I need? There is one on Ebay that looks like what I need, it has a box that the two plugs from the machine will plug into? I have started oiling like mad, haven't started on the rust yet, mine is in a little better condition than yours was. Did you get yours running again? Meredith
    The two plug in cord with a foot control is what you need. Then you plug the motor into the one for the motor and the light into the one for the light. If you get it wrong or it is wired backwards the motor will run like crazy. I think you can get the rig from sew-classic or other dealers on line.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

[QUOTE=miriam;7293295]The two plug in cord with a foot control is what you need. Then you plug the motor into the one for the motor and the light into the one for the light. If you get it wrong or it is wired backwards the motor will run like crazy. I think you can get the rig from sew-classic or other dealers on line.[/QUOTE
    Thanks Miriam - This is going to be a process for sure, but I love this little pink beauty! I got mine through a Relay for Life garage sale!
    Meredith

Such a pretty color! Great find.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    *** Love her to death - she is Pretty in Pink.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4