Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: PINK Morse Duomatic TZ 50, Picture Heavy

PINK Morse Duomatic TZ 50, Picture Heavy

Well my OJCG (old junk collector guy) did it again. He found this Morse sewing machine and it is PINK. WHOO HOOO. I did not know Morse machines came in pink. Doing a major happy dance here. She must have sat in a damp garage, in sunlight because her paint is faded on top and back. The hand wheel only turned about 1/2 a revolution and the wiring is shot, shot and more shot. So I pulled removed the top and liberally soaked every piece that looked like it would revolve. Turned her on her side and oiled the innards. I then removed the bobbin covers, removed the rusted bobbin case, loosened shuttle case thingy (you know what I mean) and oiled till she was dripping. Did the same with the knob mechanism that raises and lowers the feed dogs. It took about 1/2 hour but everything is now moving and turning.

I was wondering what the porthole was on the top, lifted it up and it takes cams of some sort. Also the spool pins are fold down, a little button is pushed and the pop up, or will when I am done. Now off to do an Internet search for a manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Sweet Caroline

Cool machine. Lots of nobs and dials. Looks like a candidate for Evapo-Rust too.

Since the paint is different on these machines perhaps a gentle application of a paste car wax might bring the rear and top back some.

Joe

I love pink Morse machines. Mine was posted here My new/old Vintage Pink Sewing Machine for $20

it was made by Morse and badged a 'Princess'.

At least the front is still a pretty pink. Good luck with it. I have seen so many different machines on this thread. I didn't know existed or are still being found.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

ooooo, Caroline she is a pretty girl! My daughter just missed one like this a while back...I didn't think she really wanted to go fetch it for me so I didn't pass on the link immediately and then once I mentioned it, and she saw it, she said "you are going to have to fight me for that one Mummy" LOL - sadly it was already gone.

J

and I forgot to add that your machine is pretty much the same as one I have made by Toyota - she came with 14 cams and I do have a manual for it as well if you need me to scan it- the dash board on mine lights up...bet yours does too
    Last edited by JMCDA; 07-26-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
    ooooo, Caroline she is a pretty girl! My daughter just missed one like this a while back...I didn't think she really wanted to go fetch it for me so I didn't pass on the link immediately and then once I mentioned it, and she saw it, she said "you are going to have to fight me for that one Mummy" LOL - sadly it was already gone.

J

and I forgot to add that your machine is pretty much the same as one I have made by Toyota - she came with 14 cams and I do have a manual for it as well if you need me to scan it- the dash board on mine lights up...bet yours does too
    I will have to re-wire before seeing if my machine has a dash board that lights up. I do appreciate the offer for the manual. I will PM you. Thank you ever so much. Today I will remove the shuttle race and hook and give it a good soak in Evaporust. Slowly but surely I will bring here back to life.
    Sweet Caroline

I love Pink sewing machines!! I like all the knobs, and dials on your machine. Can't wait to see her all cleaned up, she is going to be gorgeous! All shiny, and pink!

She is a neat machine. I'll bet she will be a great one too! I hope you can bring her color back, but if you can't she is pretty anyway!

Caroline that is a sweet machine. I really like it and I bet it turns out great with your cleaning and attention. I agree that a car paste wax may remove some of the oxidation on the faded pink. Congrats!
    Lisa

Hi Caroline,

I have a turquoise Morse TZ-5. Very similar to yours. I took the bobbin winder apart when cleaning the machine (I didn't take pictures before) and am having trouble reassembling it. By looking at yours, maybe I can get it back together.
    Kitsy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast