Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: pinking machine, What would I do with it?

pinking machine, What would I do with it?

I tried to attach picture but it did not go, I wonder what I would do with it? I kinda like it. Any one know any thing about it?

Vintage Singer Pinking Machine - $85

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2012-05-12, 8:26AM EDT
    Reply to: ddwjs-3001729512@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vintage 1930's Singer Sewing Machine accessory, Hand Operated Ball Bearing Pinking Machine No. 121379...has original box pad has some deterioration. Priced below market value at $85.00. Call 205-306-four seven seven six

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 3001729512

Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.
    terms of use
    privacy policy
    feedback forum
    psychonurse 54489-296-0F9258EB1B7C2F9EFC02E2AA92270B88

Well, I can't say what you might do with it, but I know for sure what I'd do with it. I have a wee tiny side business where I make felt bags. Some of the bags have pinked tops and it gets real tiring using the pinking shears. If I could ever score on one of those tools I'd use it to pink my bags.
    I've bid on a couple, but the prices always go way over my limit.

Joe

do you want me to offer $70 and see if they take it?

I know of some people who use them to cut strips for rag rugs. Also cute are the similar pinking attachments to short shank machines. They derive their power not from your arm, but from the needle bar going up and down when the motor is running.

The hand powered pinking machine should come with a C-clamp to fasten it to a hard surface. Sometimes those are missing.

Dayle

I have one that was my Mother Dear's. It attaches to her Singer 201. I remember her using it to trim those 5/8" seams when she made clothing... really pretty cool to use.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

I have one and love it. I pink the edges of my red work so it won't ravel. There is so much you can do with it.