Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   *sniffle* I knew the day would come when I placed the ad, but... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/%2Asniffle%2A-i-knew-day-would-come-when-i-placed-ad-but-t204679.html)

ArchaicArcane 10-31-2012 08:54 PM

The great part is that I know people here understand why I feel like I do. DH does too, he thought I would regret it if I sold Midge. If I told any of my friends, they'd think I was a nut. ;)

I don't think it's regret as much as just a sad to see her go. I know she'll see more action where she is. Here she had to fight with too many machines for time with me.

Back when I joined the board I mentioned that I liked the chase, and the rehab, probably more than the sewing side of things. Sort of a catch and release, if only I could master the release part. Maybe this is just a step towards that goal.

Midge's adoption fee will help with the Christmas fund too.

miriam 11-01-2012 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 5626902)
The great part is that I know people here understand why I feel like I do. DH does too, he thought I would regret it if I sold Midge. If I told any of my friends, they'd think I was a nut. ;)

I don't think it's regret as much as just a sad to see her go. I know she'll see more action where she is. Here she had to fight with too many machines for time with me.

Back when I joined the board I mentioned that I liked the chase, and the rehab, probably more than the sewing side of things. Sort of a catch and release, if only I could master the release part. Maybe this is just a step towards that goal.

Midge's adoption fee will help with the Christmas fund too.

I'm all over catch & release, too. I'm liking the Phoenix a bit too much - help....

lovelyl 11-01-2012 05:04 AM

I feel your pain! I sold my 115 with gingerbread decals and regret it, even though I didn't have a treadle for her and she was not being used. But I know she went to a good home because a fellow quilt board member bought her!
Yes, we do understand here on the board. My DH thinks I am nuts because I name my machines...

ArchaicArcane 11-01-2012 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5627042)
I'm all over catch & release, too. I'm liking the Phoenix a bit too much - help....

Nope, no help for you, not for that. We're enablers, remember? :)

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5627215)
I feel your pain! I sold my 115 with gingerbread decals and regret it, even though I didn't have a treadle for her and she was not being used. But I know she went to a good home because a fellow quilt board member bought her!
Yes, we do understand here on the board. My DH thinks I am nuts because I name my machines...

That's always good to have happen. At least you know where she's gone, and she's being taken care of. I haven't seen those gingerbread decals on person, but I know where there is one, DH says it's in incredible shape, he just as to take me to go see it. It's one of my favorite decals.

The 115 I picked up last week is just a head as well. I put the "spare" handcrank I have on her last night, and will build a box, per the instructions on TreadleOn sometime this winter.

Of course we have to name our machines! When you have more than one of something you can't say "oh! the 99 over there",.. which 99? Now if I said "Jelly Bean", you know exactly which one I'm talking about.