Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Another find! 301A (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/another-find-301a-t177368.html)

girliegirl 01-29-2012 07:44 AM

Another find! 301A

I just got a 301A sewing machine. in case! I really do not need anymore sewing machines but now the word is out and they just come to me.. If someone finds one, they bring it to me... I am the sewing machine lady! I guess better then being called the cat lady! lol...

Caroline S 01-29-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 4921510)
I just got a 301A sewing machine. in case! I really do not need anymore sewing machines but now the word is out and they just come to me.. If someone finds one, they bring it to me... I am the sewing machine lady! I guess better then being called the cat lady! lol...

Congrats on your machine. Best of all it does not use a cat box :D.

JMCDA 01-29-2012 10:49 AM

(((sigh))) Some people have all the luck....I just get the cats! LOL wonderful find - a 301 is on my list!

girliegirl 01-29-2012 12:52 PM

Picture of my 301

1 Attachment(s)
ok here she is.

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 4921510)

Caroline S 01-29-2012 01:30 PM

Yep! Better than a cat box. Have you gotten your Singer certificate yet?

girliegirl 01-29-2012 01:46 PM

ha! depends on how many singers you need to get one! I have alot and other brands as well... I can tell you one thing, I have got everyone of them working when they did not... now I am deciding which to keep and what to get rid of ..

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4922612)
Yep! Better than a cat box. Have you gotten your Singer certificate yet?

Caroline S 01-29-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 4922659)
ha! depends on how many singers you need to get one! I have alot and other brands as well... I can tell you one thing, I have got everyone of them working when they did not... now I am deciding which to keep and what to get rid of ..

I have eleven Singers, but no 301 yet. But I have a feeling one will find me soon.

girliegirl 01-29-2012 04:22 PM

i also have one in a cabinet, I have not used it yet.... now I will make my list of machines that I have .. this could get me into trouble....

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4922783)
I have eleven Singers, but no 301 yet. But I have a feeling one will find me soon.

Caroline S 01-29-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 4923189)
i also have one in a cabinet, I have not used it yet.... now I will make my list of machines that I have .. this could get me into trouble....

Yes lists are good. I keep an Excel list of my machines with make, model, serial numbers, date alloted, decal descriptions, price, where I bought it and what name I have given them. Sort of like having a big bunch of kids and you can't remember who, what, which or why. Each machine has it's own tab where I make notes of condition, parts needed if I am fixing and costs involved. Having a list still is not a hindrance to adding more to the collection.

girliegirl 01-29-2012 04:34 PM

oh my !! I have names for all mine and I was told today that i need help... what an aaaaaaaa... I told him back...

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4923236)
Yes lists are good. I keep an Excel list of my machines with make, model, serial numbers, date alloted, decal descriptions, price, where I bought it and what name I have given them. Sort of like having a big bunch of kids and you can't remember who, what, which or why. Each machine has it's own tab where I make notes of condition, parts needed if I am fixing and costs involved. Having a list still is not a hindrance to adding more to the collection.