Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Any ideas what mach(s) this might go to? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/any-ideas-what-mach-s-might-go-t229012.html)

J Miller 08-29-2013 10:11 AM

Any ideas what mach(s) this might go to?

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432916[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432917[/ATTACH]
I found this in some Singer stuff. It's marked MADE IN ITALY on the back side. Other than that, no markings or numbers.

It's for an end loading bobbin machine with a left homing needle. Possibly a straight stitch accessory needle plate.

Joe

Monroe 08-29-2013 04:05 PM

Maybe a Necchi?

Vridar 08-29-2013 05:47 PM

Joe, I believe that fits my Necchi BU.

J Miller 08-30-2013 04:32 AM

I was thinking Necchi myself, but I don't have one and I don't know anyone in this area that has one, for comparison.

Is the Necchi BU a ZZ machine or SS?

Joe

Jeanette Frantz 08-30-2013 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6263680)
I was thinking Necchi myself, but I don't have one and I don't know anyone in this area that has one, for comparison.

Joe

Joe,

That looks similar to the one on my Singer 328K, but I'm not at home right now -- working, so I can't swear to it.

Jeanette Frantz

J Miller 08-30-2013 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 6263714)
Joe,

That looks similar to the one on my Singer 328K, but I'm not at home right now -- working, so I can't swear to it.

Jeanette Frantz

Jeanette,

Might be similar in shape, but I have a 328K it's not a left homing needle machine.

Joe

Vridar 08-30-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6263680)

Joe

The BU is a ZZ. but mine came with a straight stitch plate and ZZ plate. My 403 the same. A collision can occur if One forgets to trade them out when going from SS to ZZ.

J Miller 08-31-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Vridar (Post 6265148)
The BU is a ZZ. but mine came with a straight stitch plate and ZZ plate. My 403 the same. A collision can occur if One forgets to trade them out when going from SS to ZZ.

Yep and that collision is abrupt and rude. Don't ask me how I know that ...... :(

I have an ALDENS Magic ZZ machine that is a ringer for the Necchi. I'm going to pull it down off the shelf and see if this will fit it.

Joe

J Miller 08-31-2013 01:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ron,

Well, that about clinches it. My ALDENS Magic ZZ machine is indeed a very close copy of the Necchi BU.

The needle plate fit perfectly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433390[/ATTACH]
The top three needle plates came with the ALDENS, the bottom one is the one in question.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433392[/ATTACH]
Italian needle plate in ALDENS machine. Fit's perfectly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433393[/ATTACH]
A close up of the Italian needle plate in the Japanese machine with the needle down and feed dogs up. Fits perfectly.

Sometime back someone mentioned this machine was a Japanese copy of the Necchi BU. That really looks to be true.

Joe

Vridar 09-01-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6266351)

Sometime back someone mentioned this machine was a Japanese copy of the Necchi BU. That really looks to be true.

Joe

It looks very much like my BU. Mine is green which I had never seen before or since. I got it early in my addiction and paid too much for it, but it sure is pretty.