Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Anyone have a Pfaff 1222 E in an original case? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/anyone-have-pfaff-1222-e-original-case-t170000.html)

Gibranie 11-28-2011 12:29 PM

I own the Pfaff 1222 and it is a wonderful machine that should last you the rest of your life. You are very luck to get such a good machine. If you can buy it you should. .. if you have a question let me know.... (I don't post often because
I really am uncomfortable trying to say something) just PM if you have questions... I think I own a 1222E also but I am
too lazy to go look right now..... Gib

quiltbuddy 11-28-2011 03:54 PM

I have the Pfaff 1222E and what a workhorse! Very powerful and I love the walking foot. I also have a Bernina, Janome Horizon, Singer 99 and Featherweight and use the Pfaff for very heavy duty sewing. It has more power than all my machines put together. I bought it in a thrift store with all the attachments in mint condition for $10.00. I have the it all together in the case.

emmy 11-28-2011 05:46 PM

I love my Pfaff 1222E with the built in walking foot, great straight stitches, and it has the best needle threader. I made my first quilt with it. After using the Pfaff, I would never be without an IDF. It's the reason I purchased the Babylock Quest Plus.

SuzzyQ 11-29-2011 05:18 AM

I do! I do! Actually I own THREE! (Long story)
The extension table fits in a special gizmo and as soon as I find my camera and some space I'll post pictures.
Absolutly the best machine ever ... went back to it after buying Janome 4800 ... could not pull it out of sync like the Janome. Only thing that stiches better is my granma's Singer 201.

purplefiend 11-29-2011 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 1222E. I have a picture of the plastic tray thingy that slides in under the free arm to hold the extension table and foot pedal so it all goes nicely in the case. The foot pedal goes in the front part of the plastic tray thingy.
Sharon W. in Texas

Candace 11-29-2011 08:06 AM

I was wondering what the heck that tray was and how it worked. Thanks for the pic.

rusty quilter 11-29-2011 03:14 PM

I bought mine new in 1978 and it has been my go to machine ever since! I put my accessories in a plastic box, and in the case with the machine. It sews through almost anything and with the IDT is always on the mark. I would just buy a bigger accessory box and call it wonderful!

Mitch's mom 11-29-2011 05:41 PM

Ah ha! I have the little box thing. I figured out the foot control went in the front. I thought, wrongly, the manuals went in the back. Now I see the error of my ways and will try it the proper way. I am really liking this machine. The needle threader is messed up but I'm still able to thread the needle by hand.

Do the new Pfaff's with IDT feed as well as the older models? I know the 1222 E is a workhorse but what about the rest of them? I don't want a computerized one but I know they make mechanical machines with the IDT. If they feed as well as the 1222 I may save up and buy a new one or a newer one. This 1222 E is 33 years old. Yes, it has been taken care of, but she has also used the dog water out of it too. It can't last forever. Or can it?

gypsyatheart43 11-29-2011 09:08 PM

I used to have this machine and loved it!! Made a big mistake when I traded it in. Enjoy!

fbeauley 05-17-2012 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by SuzzyQ (Post 4731894)
I do! I do! Actually I own THREE! (Long story)
The extension table fits in a special gizmo and as soon as I find my camera and some space I'll post pictures.
Absolutly the best machine ever ... went back to it after buying Janome 4800 ... could not pull it out of sync like the Janome. Only thing that stiches better is my granma's Singer 201.

Would you be willing to sell one of your THREE Pfaff 1222E machines??? My husband is from Canada (Quebec)... We MIGHT be taking a trip up there this Summer. :)