Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is a Bernina Record 930 good? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/bernina-record-930-good-t224024.html)

S Barrow 06-21-2013 07:12 AM

NL Quilter, have you tried moving the red/green stitch knob at the bottom right front of the machine back and forth? This knob is located inside the sewing/darning ring. Do you have the manual? If so, check out page 2 - View of Machine to locate these parts.

NL quilter 06-21-2013 01:09 PM

I found a bernina forum on yahoo someone there told me that the actual lights would not affect the patterns, just used to indicate which set you are using. They suggested that the camstack is "gucked up" not to figure how to clean it good.

J Miller 06-21-2013 01:55 PM

NL quilter,

The cam stack is right on top of the machine. Once the top is off you can see it easily. I doubt the cam stack, clean or other wise is having any thing to do with the indicator lights. That is most likely a bad connection.

Do you have a manual for it yet?

Joe

NL quilter 06-21-2013 04:21 PM

The manual that came with it has 40+ pages on how to use it, and one on maintenance describing on how to clean the bobbin, thats it. Any other work the manual indicates you have to bring it to certified bernina maintenance shop.

J Miller 06-21-2013 04:47 PM

NL quilter,

One of the other members here, possibly SteveR sent me a Bernina 930 shop manual. I can't find it on my thumb or hard drive so perhaps it was printed. I don't know. If you PM him maybe he can set you up with the manual.

While Joey trys like mad to find his.

Joe

NL quilter 06-21-2013 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Joe, thanks I will message him, that manual will come in handy, but guess what, with a lot of cleaning, and oil I got it to work! Beautiful stitches! I luv my new toy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420404[/ATTACH]

J Miller 06-21-2013 06:26 PM

Great! I figured it was most likely just dry or a bit gummy in places.

Joe

ripstitch 06-22-2013 08:27 AM

I had a one page handout that had oiling instructions for under the top of the machine. I think I sent it with the machine when my DH's niece borrowed it. I can't find it and I sure wish I had it again. I think I can remember everywhere you are supposed to oil (metal touches metal) but if you find that page, I would pay for a copy of it. I'm the original owner of my 930 and I hope to keep her going for a very long time.

Helen

J Miller 06-22-2013 08:49 AM

Helen,

Strong arm DH's niece and make her cough it up. I'd like a copy too .... :)

Joe

S Barrow 06-23-2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ripstitch (Post 6137009)
I had a one page handout that had oiling instructions for under the top of the machine. I think I sent it with the machine when my DH's niece borrowed it. I can't find it and I sure wish I had it again. I think I can remember everywhere you are supposed to oil (metal touches metal) but if you find that page, I would pay for a copy of it. I'm the original owner of my 930 and I hope to keep her going for a very long time.

Helen

I don't think I ever had the sheet Helen refers to, but I would be happy to buy a copy also if anyone has it. My husband bought my 930 for me in the early 1980's. It has been a real workhorse keeping up with my sewing for our family with three kids from birth through weddings! It is still going strong and I wouldn't dream of parting with it.