Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Bobbins for Davis Rotary handcrank (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/bobbins-davis-rotary-handcrank-t221404.html)

chance 05-13-2013 12:45 PM

Bobbins for Davis Rotary handcrank

I really, really need a bobbin for my Davis Rotary handcrank. If anyone has one (or two) to sell or trade please let me know. Thank you so much.

chance 05-17-2013 02:23 PM

Up date:

A kind lady on Ebay has sold me two bobbins. Should arrive any day now. I can now get back to quilting. Thanks to all who considered my request. (Not to sound greedy, but a quilter can NEVER have enough bobbins, soooooo .......

J Miller 05-17-2013 02:29 PM

Two bobbins are not even enough to get me started. Shuttle bobbins don't hold much thread so I'd be stopping every time I turned around and refilling one. Glad you found some, now when you are positive they are the right ones I'll bet you're going to be hunting for more. :)

Joe

jlhmnj 05-17-2013 03:20 PM

Hi Joe,

Davis Rotary made by Davis SMCo is a rare bird. This was Davis' most expensive sewing machine and they evidently didn't sell too many. Finding any parts for this machine is quite an accomplishment and finding more bobbins would be like lightning striking twice :)

Jon

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6069850)
Two bobbins are not even enough to get me started. Shuttle bobbins don't hold much thread so I'd be stopping every time I turned around and refilling one. Glad you found some, now when you are positive they are the right ones I'll bet you're going to be hunting for more. :)

Joe

J Miller 05-17-2013 03:33 PM

Jon,

Do you have a Boye # for the correct bobbins of this machine? Or dimensions and descriptions? I have a few that I have no idea what they fit.

Joe

jlhmnj 05-17-2013 04:13 PM

Joe--

It's a round bobbin like on your Singer 66 or 15 Class so I don't believe Boye made them. Sorry, I have no dimensions and am still looking for a complete Davis Rotary within my budget. Perhaps Chance will contact you and lightning may strike twice?

Jon

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6070020)
Jon,

Do you have a Boye # for the correct bobbins of this machine? Or dimensions and descriptions? I have a few that I have no idea what they fit.

Joe

J Miller 05-18-2013 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 6070094)
Joe--

It's a round bobbin like on your Singer 66 or 15 Class so I don't believe Boye made them. Sorry, I have no dimensions and am still looking for a complete Davis Rotary within my budget. Perhaps Chance will contact you and lightning may strike twice?

Jon

Jon,

My bad, I read the name Davis and "assumed" it was a shuttle machine. Duh>>> OK, I do have a few odd rotary bobbins I can't ID so Chance, send me a PM with a pic or dimensions and I'll check 'em.

Joe

DanofNJ 05-19-2013 04:44 PM

Joe, sadly I only have one for mine. Could you post a picture of it, I love those machines :)

J Miller 05-20-2013 05:57 AM

Dan,
I don't have one, maybe Chance will post pics of his.

Joe