Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Buy Me......Vintage White Sewing Machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/buy-me-vintage-white-sewing-machine-t75198.html)

Lostn51 11-08-2010 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay kids up for grabs is a really sweet late 50's to early 60's Model 499 White brand sewing machine.

It has been freshly serviced and comes with the foot control and new wiring. Also I replaced the belt, presserfoot tensioner and the bobbin case. The only thing wrong with it is the Bobbin winder was frozen up and for the life of me I could not save it so if you have a side winder or another machine that winds the "Class 15" bobbins your good to go. But if you want to put the bobbin winder on it is really easy to do and the screws are included to attach it to the machine.

This rascal has all the bells and whistles with drop feed dogs for FMQ, multi built in stitches, Twin needle capability, and has the adjustable zig zag for satin stitching for applique. Also if you want to put it into a sewing cabinet any Singer type of cabinet will work it has the same dimensions as the Singer sewing machines.

This would be a sweet Christmas present for someone starting to get into quilting and needing a very reliable machine.

I am asking $65 + Shipping and it will include insurance.

If you want a wood base for it to sit in to use it as a portable then it will be an additional $10

Billy

2 Doods 11-08-2010 08:01 PM

SIGH!
It's really pretty but I can't do it.
DH will have a stroke if I bring one more machine into this house. He just hasn't caught the bug yet.

Hope it finds a nice home!

yolanda 11-08-2010 08:20 PM

What a beauty! I can't buy it - but want to trade for fabric? ;-)

Tink's Mom 11-08-2010 09:12 PM

Billy, it's a good thing you aren't selling this beauty by the pound...I have had to carry one just like it...and she is heavy. :lol:

Lostn51 11-09-2010 08:24 AM

This machine is a really neat machine and if it were Pink and White I would have kept it. But I need to thin out some of the heard and get more capital in the business!

Billy

suzieQ 11-10-2010 05:02 PM

LOSTN OR BILLY I GOT ASINGER MACHINE IT SAYS 301A NA 438509 MADE IN ELESBETH N.J. THE FRONT FOLDS UP LIKE FEATHER W. THE NUMBERS UNDER FOLD UP PART SAYS SIMACO 170156 CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT HER AND WHERE CAN I FIND A BOOK GOD BLESS SUZIEQ

cindyw 11-24-2010 11:40 AM

Do you still have this cutie?

JUNEC 11-24-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
SIGH!
It's really pretty but I can't do it.
DH will have a stroke if I bring one more machine into this house. He just hasn't caught the bug yet.

Hope it finds a nice home!

If you ever find a way to give him the infection, please let me know, I would love to give it to my husband
HEEHEE
Now if we are talking golf.......