Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Can you identify these parts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/can-you-identify-these-parts-t176740.html)

jaciqltznok 01-23-2012 06:59 PM

Can you identify these parts?

4 Attachment(s)
I bought this box of attachments at a sale this weekend. Hoping I can use them on either my hand crank or treadle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]305702[/ATTACH]
BUT, some of the parts I do not recognize. I have seen boxes of these things for years, and have NEVER seen these pieces.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]305704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305706[/ATTACH]this is a SInger tool of some kind. One end is a razor blade and I am not sure what the other side is!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]305707[/ATTACH]

Charlee 01-23-2012 09:13 PM

Jacquie, the box of attachments are for a White, Standard, National, New Home, Davis, Kenmore, Free-Westinghouse...top clamp.
The second photo is an edgestitcher, an underbraider, and I'm not sure what the hinged one is, a part of a ruffler maybe? but the first two are for a machine with a shuttle (slide plate).
I would guess that the Singer tool is a seam ripper. Never have seen one like that...it's neat tho!
That last photo is, I think, a pintucker attachment, again for one of the top clamp machines.

jaciqltznok 01-23-2012 09:28 PM

awesome Charlee...guess they won't work on my singer, BUT my sister has a white...so do I, but mine is in pieces!

Charlee 01-23-2012 09:39 PM

The slide plate pieces might...do you have a shuttle machine? If so, see if the fit in place of the front slide plate...

Bennett 01-24-2012 02:21 AM

That little green Singer piece is a seam ripper/threader. I found one with my treadle, but the threader part was broken. Pretty nifty all the things that they came up with!

Yooper32 01-25-2012 04:09 AM

I think that they are instrument of torture. Tee Hee.

SunlitenSmiles 01-25-2012 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 (Post 4908433)
I think that they are instrument of torture. Tee Hee.

lol....to torture Batiks

georgiaclark 01-25-2012 06:07 AM

The green item is a seam ripper and threader, as the writer above identified. I was one of the very few lucky people, who got replacement pieces for my threader when I found it, and I love it!

I think that several of the other feet are types of hemmers and tuckers. Most older machines came with quite an assortment. Yours, however, are for older machines, as you can tell by the way they attach at the bottom of the foot.

BarbaraSue 01-25-2012 02:01 PM

Charlee knows better than I. I believe the first one in the second photo is a zigzagger. Another of my machines has that on a foot. The fabric goes between the "S" loops, and as you sew it zigzags the FABRIC with your straight stitches. another site showed how it worked on a treadle machine, and the demonstrator said that she would never use it for any length of time as keeping the fabric correctly oriented was very difficult to do.

redbugsullivan 03-29-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue (Post 4910278)
Charlee knows better than I. I believe the first one in the second photo is a zigzagger. Another of my machines has that on a foot. The fabric goes between the "S" loops, and as you sew it zigzags the FABRIC with your straight stitches. another site showed how it worked on a treadle machine, and the demonstrator said that she would never use it for any length of time as keeping the fabric correctly oriented was very difficult to do.

Reading this post was an answer to prayer! THIS is what I need for my National VS. Thank you. :-)