Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Compac Electric Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/compac-electric-sewing-machine-t195562.html)

Latrinka 07-25-2012 07:16 AM

Never heard of that one!

AliceQ 07-25-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandyms (Post 5389593)
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has, or has heard of, the Compac Electric Sewing Machine. I can't seem to find a website on them.
Thanks!

I can remember the sewing machine my Mom used when I was growing up in the fifties and sixties. It was such a pretty turquoise and it said Compac on the side. I've never seen another one and have never found one online. Mom is 83 and has no idea what ever happened to it. Sure wish I had it!!

sandyms 07-25-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scakes (Post 5392842)
I have one. I haven't had it very long. Here is the link to what I posted about it on the QB. http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...c-t191513.html
I really like it. It sews really nicely and is pretty quiet compared to my other machines. I haven't found a website on them but I do know it was made by Brother. Is it similar to the machine you have or are looking at? I have a manual with it f you have questions. Maybe I can help.

Yours is a nice looking machine! Thank you for your help - I do have the owner's manual for it. I found a bare wire thisi morning, brought it back to the store and they're going to replace it :) I can't figure how to post a picture of it - the "help" center didn't help me :( If I figure out how, or someone tells me how, I'll post a picture of it.

Grannyh67 07-26-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by sandyms (Post 5392738)
Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out how to add a picture of my Compac. It's sleek, shiny, and black. I test drove it in the store, today I plan on sewing on it at home :) It was originally purchased on 9-25-1951 in downstate Flint, MI. If anyone can help me upload the pics, I'd be more than happy to show it off.

you probably need to shrink the photo, it is probably too big.

quaint4900 07-26-2012 09:49 AM

Try looking at this website: ISMACS International. I have not been able to add websites or pictures to this board.
But if you can bring up this site, it tells about different sewing manchines and and has manuals as well.

sandyms 07-26-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by quaint4900 (Post 5396187)
Try looking at this website: ISMACS International. I have not been able to add websites or pictures to this board.
But if you can bring up this site, it tells about different sewing manchines and and has manuals as well.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out. Thankfully it did come with the manual.

sandyms 07-26-2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 (Post 5395751)

No, at least I don't think so. I just can't find the answers in the Help section to post a picture. Weird, I know, but that's just how it is.

sandyms 07-26-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 (Post 5395751)

No, at least I don't think so. I just can't find the answers in the Help section to post a picture. Weird, I know, but that's just how it is. It just says "upload of file failed". :(

purplefiend 07-26-2012 01:18 PM

posting a picture

Sandyms,
When you make a posting choose the "Go Advanced" tab. When that comes up, scroll down until you see,"Manage Attachments", choose that one and you can download your pictures.
Sharon

sandyms 07-27-2012 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5396701)
Sandyms,
When you make a posting choose the "Go Advanced" tab. When that comes up, scroll down until you see,"Manage Attachments", choose that one and you can download your pictures.
Sharon

Thanks, but I keep trying this and I keep getting the message that the upload failed.