Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Do you know anything about the White Sewing Machine Model 1927 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/do-you-know-anything-about-white-sewing-machine-model-1927-a-t178513.html)

KyKaren1949 02-11-2012 10:24 PM

I'm not sure exactly what qualifies a machine to be either "vintage" or "antique." To me, vintage is anything that's not currently being sold; like the vintage clothing shops that sell clothes from 15-20+ years ago. I just needed more information about this one, and wasn't really sure where to put my question. I've tried to research it online without any luck whatsoever. I bought it because it's light weight and thought I could take it to workshops and to my church's charity quilting once a month. I've been taking my featherweights but they get pretty hard wear there and didn't want to wear them out sewing junky fabric with C & C thread.

This one came last week and so far sews so easily. It's fairly light-weight too. I was wondering if anyone possibly knew of a source so I could find out its age, especially. Thank goodness it did have a manual, but little more than that.
Thanks you to those who did respond and try to help me!!! I knew people on here would help if they could.

Fuzzy656 04-09-2019 07:36 PM

Heavy Duty White

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 (Post 4967013)
I'm not sure exactly what qualifies a machine to be either "vintage" or "antique." To me, vintage is anything that's not currently being sold; like the vintage clothing shops that sell clothes from 15-20+ years ago. I just needed more information about this one, and wasn't really sure where to put my question. I've tried to research it online without any luck whatsoever. I bought it because it's light weight and thought I could take it to workshops and to my church's charity quilting once a month. I've been taking my featherweights but they get pretty hard wear there and didn't want to wear them out sewing junky fabric with C & C thread.

This one came last week and so far sews so easily. It's fairly light-weight too. I was wondering if anyone possibly knew of a source so I could find out its age, especially. Thank goodness it did have a manual, but little more than that.
Thanks you to those who did respond and try to help me!!! I knew people on here would help if they could.

This is an older post, I know, but I couldn’t help chiming in because this particular model of the White was my very first sewing machine purchase. I was sewing my own clothes when I was in high school on an old, fussy Kenmore that belonged to my mother. When we spotted an ad for this metal-bodied machine, we knew I should upgrade. I purchased this machine around the year 1995 at a Fabric store. It was on sale from $279 down to $199, if I remember correctly. It sewed like a charm, and further ignited my passion for sewing as my industry increased with such a cooperative machine. The White is still going strong today, though I have an electronic Husquavarna I use more often.

leonf 04-10-2019 06:23 AM

Welcome aboard, Fuzzy 656.

Happy to hear the two of you did so well together.

KyKaren1949 04-10-2019 06:55 AM

It was a great machine for me. We've since bought all new Elna machines for our charity quilting, so this one was donated to another quilter. I wish now I had it back because it sewed so much better than any of the newer machines. It had a better variety of stitch patterns. Our new machines don't have the blanket stitch that I use for applique.

redmadder 04-11-2019 05:33 AM

Good luck on finding info. The old machines practically talk to me, I don't even speak modern.