Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   "Excuse Me!" ............... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/excuse-me-t192785.html)

Caroline S 06-26-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5317164)
親愛的大衣和Clarks,線程吮吸像胡佛。

é

How's that?

Joe

You made me chuckle Joe. Very clever. Can you translate it?

Michellesews 06-26-2012 06:11 AM

A sign of the times. This happened to me on a cone of Signature thread on my longarm the other day....a real bummer.

J Miller 06-26-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5317869)
You made me chuckle Joe. Very clever. Can you translate it?

I went to an on line language translator and typed in : Dear Coats and Clark's, your thread sucks like a Hoover.

That's what it translated it to. Supposed to be traditional Chinese. For all I know it could say hamburgers are made of sushi.

Joe

Caroline S 06-26-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5318058)
I went to an on line language translator and typed in : Dear Coats and Clark's, your thread sucks like a Hoover.

That's what it translated it to. Supposed to be traditional Chinese. For all I know it could say hamburgers are made of sushi.

Joe

Now I am doing more than chuckling. I am laughing out loud.:D:D:D:D

Sandra in Minnesota 06-26-2012 11:35 AM

I have never seen that before! Surprise!!

amyjo 06-27-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 5317710)
Had it happen to me also. I've also seen fabric sewn together in the middle of the bolt.

Many times I have bought a bolt and had it stitched together in the middle. also have had splices in my thread.

cpower 06-27-2012 06:04 AM

This is what is happening all over our great country! We are being spliced together by the Chinese, Japenese, etc! Americans need to wake up and start manufacturing at home again!

J Miller 06-27-2012 06:29 AM

Yes they do, but until our government starts protecting our industries instead of sucking up to the global economy fanatics this is what we have. Although I'm curious as to where our govt thinks we will get money to buy the foreign products when we have no jobs to earn it.

Joe

Noiseynana 06-27-2012 08:09 AM

I also had this happen . Mine was also in the middle of the spool. Then the other day my Singer started doin crazy things. Thread breaking and knotting up on the back side of the fabric. I changed needles , I cleaned out the bits and pieces of lint and such. Then a breakthrough. I changed thread . I had been sewing with this thread for a couple of hours, then the problem. Needless to say the thread went into the trash.

Noiseynana 06-27-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo (Post 5320239)
Many times I have bought a bolt and had it stitched together in the middle. also have had splices in my thread.

Me too. Made me mad as an ole wet hen.