Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Featherweight table---need insert---where? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-table-need-insert-where-t201401.html)

harrishs 09-24-2012 09:29 AM

Featherweight table---need insert---where?

2 Attachment(s)
I was able to get a featherweight table at a good price and I know I will use it with my machine most of the time, but it is missing the slide "cover" . Does anyone know where I can purchace one so that when I refinish the top, it will "kinda" match. I do have a sabre saw that I have never used.....( I kept it when the kids cleaned out the garage after Dad's passing) Is this a possible solution?

Babydoll seems to like here new table----

Candace 09-24-2012 10:22 AM

I've never seen just the inserts for sale. That's going to be a very hard find. You're probably going to have better luck practicing with your new saw.

pinkCastleDH 09-24-2012 11:33 AM

For a 'kinda' match you can probably just determine the type of veneer on the top (sort of looks like maple from here but I could be way off) strip the current top, get some veneer to match the specie and general color of the stripped wood then make your own insert and veneer it. If you wanted to have a dead on match you could re-veneer the whole table from one piece (or even use very thin cabinet grade plywood) and redo the current top rather than refinishing it.

I'd probably just find something else to sit there when the machine wasn't in residence :)

SUZAG 09-24-2012 11:35 AM

She is sittin' pretty now!

Pat M. 09-24-2012 04:42 PM

My table has 2 pieces of metal on the back of the insert. It is a locking device so when you put the table up the insert does not fall out. I could try to send you a picture to your email address.

SunlitenSmiles 09-25-2012 03:46 AM

the insert for mine is in the sewing machine case almost always, mine is not a long bed so it looks different.

1screech 09-25-2012 07:48 PM

Few insert

My husband actually made me mine. Some are slightly different sizes. I had another table but the insert did not fit both tables. He used it for a pattern but made it the size to fit the other table. It worked fine.

Originally Posted by harrishs (Post 5537924)
I was able to get a featherweight table at a good price and I know I will use it with my machine most of the time, but it is missing the slide "cover" . Does anyone know where I can purchace one so that when I refinish the top, it will "kinda" match. I do have a sabre saw that I have never used.....( I kept it when the kids cleaned out the garage after Dad's passing) Is this a possible solution?

Babydoll seems to like here new table----

DOTTYMO 09-26-2012 03:31 AM

Did singer make a table for a featherweight machine?

purplefiend 09-26-2012 07:42 PM

DottyMo,
Singer did indeed make card table for the Featherweight. I have one and its great.

amyjo 09-27-2012 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5543758)
DottyMo,
Singer did indeed make card table for the Featherweight. I have one and its great.

I have one too. great machine and a great little table. They are such cute machines, but they can really do a job sewing.