Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   FW arrived today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/fw-arrived-today-t116393.html)

Antdebby1 04-15-2011 04:18 PM

That is incredible! You are so lucky that all is well. When I received my FW last week, the seller had peanuts inside the case as well as peanuts in the box the case/machine was packed it.

Enjoy your new girl! She's beautiful!

pab58 04-15-2011 04:22 PM

It was shipped like that!!!????? How irresponsible!!! :thumbdown:

brushandthimble 04-15-2011 04:37 PM

I could not believe she shipped it that way! I was in shock!
The tape did leave a little residual, or removed a little color. NO I did NOT have to sign for it, sorry I missed the mailman, and he left it out in sight for anyone looking. Good thing it was not raining like it was on Wed, it would have been ruined.

I had another FW from ebay and boy that packaged real well! Not mine, bought on behalf of a friend.

vintagemotif 04-15-2011 05:46 PM

This is somewhat comical. I would keep all the stickers on the case as proof that it came shipped to you this way. This makes a wonderful story to share with others, all part of this vintage machine's history. I love it! :)

Sewfine 04-15-2011 10:13 PM

Glad you received it in one piece. Surprise it made...gas and grocery cost are on the rise, never though boxes was also.

Sewfine

Gramof6 04-16-2011 02:11 AM

Oh my goodness!!! I am just mortified at the way this was shipped! It is truly amazing that you got it. And all in one piece. I would raise heck with the seller. Well I actually cannot believe anyone would allow it be shipped that way. Geesh. Both of mine were in two boxes each and packed with peanuts and bubblewrap. I began to wonder if I would ever get to the machines. LOL I hope you & Lizzy have many many years of happiness & make many quilts together.

twinkie 04-16-2011 03:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There are also several original power cords listed on E-Bay. About your FW, we have won many machine auctions on E-Bay and nothing surprises me. We won a Singer model 99 in a Bentwood case (domed wood). The machine arrived totally destroyed. It was a beautiful machine we bid on according to the pictures on E-Bay. The seller gave us no satisfaction at all. E-Bay refunded our money as the seller had no packing whatsoever and nothing inside the case to secure the machine to the base. The machine flopped around inside the case and totally destroyed the case and damaged the machine. I am so glad your machine arrived in as good condition as it did.

CAJAMK 04-16-2011 03:22 AM

Hello! I have been selling on EBAY for 12 years full time and I am astounded at the way this was shipped. In my wildest dreams I would not ship an item that looks like that! When you take off the labels I am sure some of the backing is going to come off. If you paid via Paypal you do have some recourse. First contact the seller and let him/her know that this is unacceptable. If you wish to keep the machine you can get a partial refund for the damage (outer package and if there is any damage to the machine itself). Or if you don't want to keep it then ask for a full refund with the seller pre-paying the shipping! I would also contact Ebay & paypal as you are covered under paypal protection rules. You ordered a machine & outer box. Not a machine and an outer shipping box! If you have any question feel free to PM me. I can guide you. But being an Ebay seller on this board that is horrible. And I am also a quilter & lover of FW's..that is just plain laziness on the seller's part and you should be compensated. Something like this happened to me around Christmas with an Accuquilt Go & dies I ordered. I did resolve the matter with the seller & received a good partial refund without going thru the Paypal process. If you do resolve the matter in an equitable way. Good or neutral feedback. As an Ebay seller..things are hard very hard. Give credit where credit is due.

coachmatthewsvhs 04-16-2011 03:30 AM

I bet the post office is the one who taped the handle!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-16-2011 04:21 AM

I'm so glad it wasn't damaged!
You really should at least let the seller know that it shouldn't be sent that way so he/she knows for the future.
Whether they listen or not at least you put it out there.
Have fun!!! :D:D FW's are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!