Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   FW for sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/fw-sale-t220853.html)

francie yuhas 05-06-2013 07:22 AM

FW for sale

The Mercantile antique shop in Bisbee,Arizona has aFW inthe corner of a dusty ,glass case. It runs like a charm,has a case with intact closures,a few attachments, no offensive odors. I think it's a 221. The face plate does not have the scroll work...just the vertical design. It's a sweet machine for $300. Just an FYI.

Ccorazone 05-07-2013 05:37 AM

I was at a flea market type sale (Canton, Texas first Monday) and saw a FW for $185. Serial # showed it was made in 1940. I ask for a lower price and he came down to $165. Still too much so I passed since I already have two..

Wanabee Quiltin 05-07-2013 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ccorazone (Post 6049769)
I was at a flea market type sale (Canton, Texas first Monday) and saw a FW for $185. Serial # showed it was made in 1940. I ask for a lower price and he came down to $165. Still too much so I passed since I already have two..

Last year when I was at the Canton Flea Market, there was a FW for sale for $400. I didn't want it but when I stopped to look at it, I said it was rather expensive. He said he was firm on his price and it's not like they are making them anymore. He had a point. I have a FW and one is enough. Too many machines now.

oldtnquiltinglady 05-07-2013 03:59 PM

Oh boy, wish we had travelled to TX this week instead of last--I love Canton First Monday--and it would have been a fun stop on our way home. I would have paid that for the FW, but I am not much of one to bargain. Wonder if he sold it, and for how much.......

nancia 05-08-2013 04:22 PM

the thing is they can ASK any price they want, but value depends on the buyer. i just bought one for $171. i thought that was on the hi side. but if i bought it at that price then that's what it is worth. yours may be worth more to you. you will again determine it's worth when someone down the road buys it from you. so worth fluctuates. personally, when i'm buying $175 is hi but when i'm selling $300 seems reasonable! lol

sewbizgirl 05-08-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 6049786)
Last year when I was at the Canton Flea Market, there was a FW for sale for $400. I didn't want it but when I stopped to look at it, I said it was rather expensive. He said he was firm on his price and it's not like they are making them anymore. He had a point. I have a FW and one is enough. Too many machines now.

True about them not making them anymore, BUT they did make hundreds of thousands at a time, and continued this production for decades. There are SCADS of them out there... They are anything but rare. Hold out for a nice one you can afford.

Material Witness 05-09-2013 04:05 PM

I am looking at a 1926 priced at $275. I thought that was high, but the seller is very reputable, if she says it runs well, there is no doubt that it does. The finish is in perfect condition. I just got it today to bring home to try out. I was hoping for a cheaper one, but this one would not have to have any repairs or cleaning. Might be worth it.

Txsuthrn 05-09-2013 04:27 PM

We were going to Canton this past weekend, but something came up and we didn't go. Darn...I've been looking for a fw and that is a GREAT price!!