Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   HELP - Does anybody know anything about this sewing machine???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/help-does-anybody-know-anything-about-sewing-machine-t188953.html)

TnBecky 05-14-2012 11:09 AM

HELP - Does anybody know anything about this sewing machine????

Hello, My DH stoppd at a garage sale this past weekend & bought this sewing machine for two dollars. He thought it was such a good deal , so what the heck. I have looked on the internet & can not find it anywhere. I have no idea who made it. It says "Home Electric" on it & it was made in Japan. Serial #039079. If anyone has any info please share with me.

Thanks,
Becky :D

I tried & tried to uplaod a picture, but this site wont load the picture. :thumbdown:

J Miller 05-14-2012 11:26 AM

Becky,

By the description the machine is probably a HA1 -15 clone. That's a Japanese made copy of the Singer Mdl 15.
The forum does have a limit on how big the pics can be for it to upload. Check the info in the "Manage Attachments" section and perhaps adjust your pic size.

Joe

jljack 05-14-2012 11:36 AM

Becky, I agree with Joe, it's probably a Japanese 15 Clone. Look for the thread "Will the Real 15 Stand Up", and you will see lots of this type of machine, and lots of information about them. If you get a Singer Model 15 Manual it will be very helpful to you...you can get them free download at the Singer website.

TnBecky 05-14-2012 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the "Home Electric" sewing machine. If anybody knows anything about this machine, please let me know.

Thnaks,
Becky :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335382[/ATTACH]

J Miller 05-15-2012 05:16 AM

It's a Japanese made machine with a feed dog control and a quick release presser foot tension. The stitch length control and overall shape of the machine is very similar to my MW 7 Jewel. And it's not the "typical" HA1 clone.

Other than that, I don't know. There may be a J-A (?) number stamped somewhere on the under side. That is a code to the Japanese factory. Not all machines have that marking and some of the markings don't have a corresponding manufacturer. That chart can be found at the Yahoo Japanese site.

Sorry I'm not much help here.

Joe

Caroline S 05-15-2012 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5217904)
It's a Japanese made machine with a feed dog control and a quick release presser foot tension. The stitch length control and overall shape of the machine is very similar to my MW 7 Jewel. And it's not the "typical" HA1 clone.

Other than that, I don't know. There may be a J-A (?) number stamped somewhere on the under side. That is a code to the Japanese factory. Not all machines have that marking and some of the markings don't have a corresponding manufacturer. That chart can be found at the Yahoo Japanese site.

Sorry I'm not much help here.

Joe

Note the fold down spool pin. Sort of reminds me of the Morse machines, perhaps an earler design than the fotomatics.

J Miller 05-15-2012 05:34 AM

I missed the fold down pin. My Dial 'n Sew has one solid and one fold down, as does my newer Kenmore. I "think" my Japanese made Domestic has one too. I'd have to look to be sure.
You could be right about the Morse relationship.

Joe

TnBecky 05-15-2012 05:34 PM

Everyone has been very helpful in giving me places to search. Like I said my DH only paid $2.00 so you can't go wrong at that price. :D I just need him to replace the power cords & I need to clean it up & we will be off & sewing. LOL.
Thanks again to everyone. :thumbup:

redmadder 05-16-2012 02:17 AM

It has some of the same features as my New Home 556, feed dog control and adjustable presser foot. Did I mention how great my 556 sews? Her few decorative and ZZ stitches are just as pretty as her straight stitch.

Jingle 05-16-2012 05:40 AM

Very nice machine, I think it will clean very nicely. Your DH got a great deal on it, I can see why he couldn't pass it up.