Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Help! I need info on these antique sewing machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/help-i-need-info-these-antique-sewing-machines-t109090.html)

madamekelly 03-19-2011 10:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a chance to buy these machines, but I do not collect machines. I thought I would post them here to see if any of you are interested in either of them. The owner says she will ship anywhere, so if you are interested, PM me and I will give you the info on them. Both of them are in good working order as far as I can tell. No rust, just need a good cleaning, I believe.

This machine is in good shape and the wheel turns quite freely. It also has the original hand made wooden box it came in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172252[/ATTACH]

This one makes a chain stitch, I think. The needle is there, but broken.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172256[/ATTACH]

This machine is in good shape and the wheel turns quite freely. It makes a chain stitch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172257[/ATTACH]

Tink's Mom 03-20-2011 04:18 AM

Top one looks like a Wilcox Gibbs from the shape...really cool! Check with Billy, he is the resident old machine guy.

madamekelly 03-20-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Top one looks like a Wilcox Gibbs from the shape...really cool! Check with Billy, he is the resident old machine guy.

It is a Foley & Williams.

Tink's Mom 03-20-2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

OOPS! Hey, it was before coffee... :oops: I have a hard time seeing the difference in them. What are they?

madamekelly 03-20-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

OOPS! Hey, it was before coffee... :oops: I have a hard time seeing the difference in them. What are they?

One is a very early sewing machine, and I believe the other is an early child's toy.

Lostn51 03-20-2011 09:02 PM

I wish I had a closer view of the machines so I can get a good look at them. I am trying to see what type of tensioner they have on them so I can date them.

Can you PM me and let me know what kind of money she is asking for these?

Billy

madamekelly 03-20-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I wish I had a closer view of the machines so I can get a good look at them. I am trying to see what type of tensioner they have on them so I can date them.

Can you PM me and let me know what kind of money she is asking for these?

Billy

PM sent.